• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow is printing green

PolarBear

I am running into an issue with printing yellow in one graphic tonight and have to get this item printed tonight if at all possible.
I am using Flexi sign pro 8.5 and printing on a 54" Mutoh Valujet.

The file has a red to yellow color fade and I have printed it many times before and it printed perfectly. Tonight the yellow is very green and mucky.

So far I have tried:
Printing another file with yellow - perfect
printed a nozzle test pattern - worked perfect
Printing a pure yellow square - worked perfectly

printing a pure red square - worked perfectly

tried recoloring the image to a solid and then back to the fade - green color as soon as it came back to the fade

I verified that the yellow in the fade is 100% Y according to the reading in color specs.

I tried printing a pure yellow block directly beside the color fade object so they printed at the same time. Pure yellow block printed fine and the fade was green.

I really don't know what to try next since this file has always worked and I can print a clean yellow as long as it isn't in the fade.

Any suggestions on what I can check next?

Thanks,
Lori

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I assume that the problem area is a gradient and you're going from Flexi through the RIP and Print to Production manager.

Make sure the gradient is specified to be in CMYK and not RGB. This is the only time you really want to use CMYK.

To what are your rendering intents set? Make sure that everything except for bitmaps is set to "No Color Correction", set bitmaps to "Perceptual". Then use either "Enhanced" or "Super" for gradient handling. Do not use the basic setting for gradients.

PolarBear

What a quick response!
Yes, it is a gradient created in Flexi and going from Flexi though RIP.
I verified all the settings are in CMYK.
Bitmap is perceptual.
Vector and text are no color correction
Gradient is set to Relative colormetric, but is disabled so that I can't change it.
Is that due to a profile setting maybe?
I have an output profile of oracal 3651 graphic 2 set. That's what I had it on last time I printed this file.
Gradient smoothness is set to Super.
Thanks,
Lori

Drip Dry

I rasterize the gradient portion of the file first before sending it to the rip.
You could also make a high res jpeg of the file as well

OADesign

I assume that the problem area is a gradient and you're going from Flexi through the RIP and Print to Production manager.

Make sure the gradient is specified to be in CMYK and not RGB. This is the only time you really want to use CMYK.

To what are your rendering intents set? Make sure that everything except for bitmaps is set to "No Color Correction", set bitmaps to "Perceptual". Then use either "Enhanced" or "Super" for gradient handling. Do not use the basic setting for gradients.

Sorry to bring back an old thread. But I just wanted to thank Bob. This tip was spot on and help me out of a jam today.

Thank you Sir!