• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Yellow no fire Roland BN20

sekorse

Hello, I have a problem on my Roland BN20 printer that I can't solve... the yellow ink doesn't come out at all most of the time, so far I've already changed a LOT of parts but the problem persists... I've already changed :
- The print head
- The 4 flat cables of the print head
- dampers (several times)
- the cap-top
- the connection between the dampers and the ink tubes
- the entire ink circuit (hose, seals, brass screws)

My printer is set to CMYK+Mt, but I use a cleaning cartridge instead of a metallic one, and my ink has always been Eco Sol Max 3 ORIGINAL.

After checking, I notice that there's a bit of liquid/ink on the edges of the cap top (see photo), do you think it's defective? I had the same problem before changing it... I changed it thinking it would solve the problem at first...
1000016788.jpg

cornholio

There are bad Max3 yellow cartridges. When I started having those issues with several customers, I switched then to Max2. I never had issues with Max2.

sekorse

Hello, I'm on my 3rd different cartridge from different suppliers (new), and the problem persists, although I've never had this problem before and I've always used EcoSol Max3.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
FYI, it's not a good idea to start a second post on the same issue. The original post shows the continuity of the troubleshooting process. I'm only going to post future responses on the original post.