• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yet another email scam

TimToad

Hey all,

This came in today and I'm never at a loss for the attempts scammers will make to free any of us from our hard earned dollars. It just kills me how they all hide behind the cloak of some good cause or religious motive to essentially commit fraud.

Its a California number, so beware my fellow Golden State members.

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Chris Edwards and I am contacting to know if you can Order 3'x 8' Banners with the specs listed below.

Lettering : Ridge Orphanage Home
Color : Red on a white background
Quantity : 30 Banners
Artwork : Provide
Indoor : For a long time
Vinyl Banners
Vertical

Kindly go ahead and send me the quote on this and also advise me on how orders can be paid for

Respectfully
Chris Edwards
J & J Sector Company
(510) 788-0159
chrisedwards219@yahoo.com
Company Owner

reQ

Thats pretty old one. Had same thing 4 years ago, but qty was like 150 pieces :))). You can reply to them with some crazy number, like 500 dollars per banner and they will tell - please, go ahead and make them ))
Had a good laugh back then :)

tim99

same

had a email yesterday with the same Orphanage name on it asking for a price on 25,000 labels

TimToad

had a email yesterday with the same Orphanage name on it asking for a price on 25,000 labels

Maybe they've created a cottage industry for the kids and they need them for the shipping department. It is getting closer to Xmas after all. LOL

I certainly won't waste a moment of my time to respond to one of those, and am not nearly naive enough to consider it legit, but it doesn't hurt to expose them for what they are.

We used to own a B&B while I took a little break from the sign industry and I met a fellow innkeeper at a conference who got taken by one of the cashier's check scams where she took their fake cashiers check, and sent back the "difference" for the dozen fake "guest's" ground transportation costs. She was older and way too trusting, but boy, did she learn after that one.