• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Young Me / Now Me (Design Edition)

thinksigns

SnowFlake
A couple of recent posts got me feeling nostalgic about my design school years. I dug up my old portfolio and took some photos. For comparisons sake, I put together a couple of logos I've designed while I've had my own business.

It might take a while to put together, but it would be neat if everyone would put up some old/new designs.

Attachments

• designschool.jpg
    designschool.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 98
  • newlogos.jpg
    newlogos.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 77

WrapperX

You seem to have carried over your minimalistic approach from your early stuff over to the new stuff. Same overall design style but improved use of concept.

HulkSmash

You've grown a lot. But back in the day that mustang logo was the style of its time.

now what you have is more modern. It's crazy how the times have change so much in design.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I like to (not seriously) claim that the Dallas Mavericks took inspiration from my logo. Mine was in 1996 and their new one came in 2001 I think.

Attachments

• mavs.jpg
    mavs.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 63

2972renfro

I like to (not seriously) claim that the Dallas Mavericks took inspiration from my logo. Mine was in 1996 and their new one came in 2001 I think.

Uhhhhhhhh no. What inspiration? The only similarity is the basketball, not sure what you are seeing here

Many bb teams use a basketball in their logo

2972renfro

Maybe you don't want to hear this but most of your old stuff I like better. Other than bionic (which I do like) the others are nothing more than type, not earth shattering or as creative as your first set