• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your Training Resources

SAR.Summerlin

So I thought I would start this thread to help me and others learn. I have discovered that my knowledge is vastly inadequate so I am asking the many brilliant members of this site to post your favorite ways to learn new skills be they design, application, materials etc.

Please list what the training is for (i.e. Illustrator, Application of Vinyl etc) then put down your favorite websites, books, videos etc. Add a link when ever possible please. I am hoping this thread will become a great resource like the one in the typography section.

:Welcome:

SAR.Summerlin

I agree this site is the best resource I was trying to find a little bit of a short cut since it can take me hours to find an answer on here sometimes. I get lost in other interesting threads.
@ Border I always try to research at least a few hours before posting a question but good point.

I am basically looking for a quick list so my boss doesn't get aggravated when it takes too long to find a solution.

rjssigns

I went back to school. Had tough instructors that really made you "drive" the programs. Photoshop, Illustrator, digital photography, typography, layout plus business and management classes. Made a tremendous difference.

OlsonSigns601

I have a word document that shows people how to run a credit card. Probably the most important training document I have.

Everything else is hands on experience learning basically. If I don't know something I ask a friend or come here.

SAR.Summerlin

@Starsign I completely agree it is why I love working in both and it drives me crazy when a designer has no clue how production works yeah it looks pretty on the screen but getting that in the out put is not always easy.:goodpost:

SD&F

I agree that this site has more information on it than you could possibly gain anywhere else. I believe that on hands experience is the best way in this industry and if you haven't done it before, someone here has and they have tried it ALL.