• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan issue...anybody have an idea why?

gabagoo

Posting a pic of the test print. One cyan channel is completely out. On Friday I ran a test and about half the nozzles were not firing, then I soaked the heads all weekend.
This morning there is nothing. I printed 4 stripes to see how bad it would be and surprisingly the prints are acceptable, but not comfortable printing anything that requires a close color match.

Any ideas what is happening here?

Attachments

• IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 87

Ogre

Check first the cyan damper what Zoogee suggested. If you have ink inside the damper then check the capping. Most of the times when you loose a channel is the capping. Your print test looks like a Mimaki CJV150/CJV300. Mimaki's capping is notorious for the poor sealing, that is why I replace the capping every 6 month. To test the capping, disconnect the vacuum line from the pump and using a syringe try to pull ink while the printhead is in park position. Don't forget to open all the ink valves from the service menu before pulling the ink.
If the ink is coming out without bubbles, then the next offender is the vacuum pump, but if your printer is CJV150/CJV300 the pump should last quite a long time.
A similar issue happened to me after I replaced (twice) the capping with low quality ones bought from Aliexpress. Since then I am buying from Digiprint Supplies.

gabagoo

I have a tech coming in this morning to look it over. It is weird...the more I clean the worse it gets. I have a capping station on order but for some reason they are never in stock it seems.

mbasch

If it is just the single channel I'd guess bad head, controller board or cable from board to head. Swapping cable from one channel to another is a good way of ruling out the printhead as the issue.

gabagoo

Was the capping station...new one installed and everything is back to normal...thanks for the help :)