• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion plotting paper patterns

We are having a lot of trouble plotting paper patterns on our Summa 24" friction plotter. The paper won't stay aligned if it's any length going through. Tried adjusting the speed down, putting pressure on the wheels, etc. , to no avail. Thinking about a new plotter that will get this done if anyone has suggestions. Thanks

MikePro

i've noticed that long plots tend to drift out of square between long back&forths/tugging on the roll/crumpling/etc allowing slight shifts/slips of paper through the pinchrollers that add up to failure. ....but my remedy was simply to convert the paths to dashed-lines and simply run a sequence plot after pre-spooling out the length of the pattern paper i need before starting.

feels like it converts your plotter into a dotmatrix printer, but god damn is it accurate & square everytime!

Last edited: