• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP540V heads print with a large gap between CK...Two Heads Aren't Better Than One...

LanceH

Hi Guys, I have had a few problems with my SP540V over the last few days beginning with a supposed linear encoder error (0110), leading to a scan motor error (both 0040 & 0080), then onward.... I've finally come to a stage where the printer prints, but as you'll see by the attached photo, the two heads are printing miles apart. Does anyone have an idea what this could be & how to fix it? Yes, I've already done all the SET LIMIT & LINEAR ENCODER SETUPS.... Print alignments work ok too, just that the heads seem to be in different zip codes!
IMG_5897.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5898.jpg
    IMG_5898.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5900.jpg
    IMG_5900.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5901.jpg
    IMG_5901.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5902.jpg
    IMG_5902.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you do the horizontal alignment? That's the one that aligns the space between the channels. Also, make sure you did the bidirectional alignments in both service and user mode. Service mode only sets the baseline, user mode does the actual alignment.

LanceH

Did you do the horizontal alignment? That's the one that aligns the space between the channels. Also, make sure you did the bidirectional alignments in both service and user mode. Service mode only sets the baseline, user mode does the actual alignment.
I think the photos answer your question, but I'll check again & get right bsck to you. Thanks

LanceH

I tried pressing "AUTO" under the print cut adjust menu and it gave me a Service Call 0111 (Tool/Crop Mark Sensor
Thank you legend! after I did the horizontal alignment the machine seems to be working fine. Will keep you posted, as there have been some gremlins the last few days. Thanks again.