• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl education guide

10sacer

So, we are a rapidly growing sign company and - at times - we hire project managers who come from outside the sign industry but have great organizational and people skills.
That being said, they are green under the collar when it comes to materials and best practices and I am looking for a kind of a beginner's educational guide for best use for vinyls/laminates for a particular purpose and am looking to see if something like that readily exists from one of the manufacturers or if someone on here has made one that is willing to share.

Want to be able to explain things like the difference between cast and calendared vinyl and why you would use one vs. the other for a specific scenario, which type of vinyl to use for floor decals and why you need an anti-slip laminate, which vinyl to use for textured walls and which laminate and how to apply. Basic stuff like this. I can put the time into working it up but just wondering if it already exists and I can spend my time working on the Middle East situation.

Hope this makes sense.

2B

White Haus

Not a Newbie

(Not exactly what you're asking, but maybe could be helpful for new hires)

10sacer

(Not exactly what you're asking, but maybe could be helpful for new hires)
Thanks - that document I do already have!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Thanks - that document I do already have!
No problem! To answer your original question, I don't know if one standard version exists for what you're looking for. I was recently looking at an app targeted towards creating e-books and training/reference documents, I wonder if this would be a good test run for it. https://appsumo.com/products/eurekaa/#overview (specifically the AI Lesson Architect™ feature)

Would be cool to put something together with more broad information (cast vs cal, different generic substrates and terms) then have the ability to customize custom recipes/methods based on what your shop uses.

Kind of got my wheels spinning now...

Edited to add: Wow, that sounded very bot/spam like. I swear I'm not a bot and I'm not affiliated with AppSumo - I just find lots of cool stuff on there lol