• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.060 Styrene - What to do with the waste?

rdm01

We've run a few large projects on .060" styrene, all have left scrap that is about 2-3' x 4'. We have a ton of these pieces left (not figuratively, a literal ton, 2000+ lbs) and I don't really know what to do with them. Recycling seems like a waste, but I don't think we'd ever use the waste on other jobs.

Do people buy this stuff like scrap metal?

JoeBoomer

Money

Make paint stencils that say "Trump is not racist" or "Trump.... only slightly racist" and sell them on e-bay.

I used to sell a ton of styrene signage for POP stuff.

We've run a few large projects on .060" styrene, all have left scrap that is about 2-3' x 4'. We have a ton of these pieces left (not figuratively, a literal ton, 2000+ lbs) and I don't really know what to do with them. Recycling seems like a waste, but I don't think we'd ever use the waste on other jobs.

Do people buy this stuff like scrap metal?

You could see if a record store would want to buy them. They could cut them down as needed for indexing records and cd's. A lot of record stores will use a ton of those things and .060" seems like it would be just about the right size. Just an idea, anyway.
https://2bitmonkey.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/academyannex-7.jpg

signmeup

Ship it to me post paid. I vac form model airplane parts out of it.

But seriously... Try selling it to a shop that vac forms stuff. You could contact who ever sells it to you and see if they have a customer that could use that size.

Adrian

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Make a bunch of security system company signs (ADT, Brinks, etc...) and stick them on u-channel.

petepaz

i don't get a TON of scraps but i use those larger pieces as protection on items i have to ship or deliver flat that can't be rolled