• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10 yard rolls are different

gnubler

Ordered two 10-yard rolls of 3M 7125 plotter vinyl from a supplier whose name starts with G, one black one white. As you can see from the image the white roll appears to have twice the amount of vinyl. Am I on crack or was an error made in my favor? I was billed for 10 yard rolls and that's what the packing slip says.

20230712_093204.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
One looks like it came directly from 3m and the other looks like it came from FDC, a 3m converter. Are the backers different? The one on the right looks thicker.

gnubler

Same backers with the "3M Scotchcal Marking Film" printed in light pink. I don't often order vinyl from this supplier, but it looks like a boo-boo on their end.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We used to sell a lot of vinyl before transitioning to a printer tech company. I definitely lost count of how many times I had rolled out a roll sometimes and gave people extra by accident.

victor bogdanov

There is a material I use that comes in 100ft rolls and every once in a while a roll will have more like 150-175ft. I always get happy when I grab a box and it feels way too heavy.

I think when converting the rolls they don't have enough on the master roll to make 2 full rolls so they wind the leftovers on one roll

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
After looking at rolls of vinyl for 3 decades I can tell you that G. (was USA Sign Supply then Proveer, then Grimco) or any other vender makes mistakes. The second roll is 20 yards and the first roll is 10 yards. Take the free 10 yards as a gift.