• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$100,000 flat bed recomendations

jhovard

$100,000 flatbed recomendations

Hello,
I'm looking for advice on creating a short list for a $100,000 uv flatbed printer,
We're currently running 4 old Mammoth hybrids printing at 26 sq. ft. an hour. They're old and parts are disappearing fast.
We're printing on wood panels and need about 200 sq ft an hour in mid range of quality.
The key concern is reliability, it's the #1 issue in our decision, we'll be in production 8 hours a day. Color just needs to be close. So far I have these two on the list:
CET 500Q
HP Scitex FB500

Any others we should consider? Any advice would be appreciated.

JH

Last edited:

Circleville Signs

I can't speak from personal experience, but you may want to talk to a MM here by the name is Insignia Signs about their experience with the CET machine...

artbot

i doubt you'll need the Q series. the heads in that machine cost a fortune ($4500 each?) and they don't lay down a thick layer of ink. you will get for more than enough resolution at 720x720 and you get a lot better looking product from a thicker ink lay down.