• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10x6 sign on corrugated metal. what material? mounting hardware?

nolanola

Hello.
Our friends from a body shop want us to help them with a sign.
They want 10x6 feet sign that they will paint themselves with automotive paint using our stencils (oramask 810) and then it will be mounted on a corrugated metal wall.

I was thinking about HDU panel but I am not sure. We work with Reece supply and Grimco.
Also, what mounting method should I use? I dont want the fasteners to be visible on the face of the sign.

Thank you.

Billct2

Since they're a body shop and doing everything except the stencils why not let them build and install it?
It could be anything from an aluminum pan sign, a flat panel ACM, an aluminum plate welded to an aluminum frame....
Installing is simple depending on the material chosen, clips screwed to the high point on the coro wall fastened to the frame either
on the perimeter or to an angle on the back.
I don't see any reason to use HDU.

OldPaint

since it is a body shop......and they are gona paint it, why not use ALUMICORE? or .40 4 ft x 10 ft sheets, cut a foot off each sheet now you got 6 foot X 10 foot center seam. going on a metal building........can just screw it to it....or make it stand off a little with sq alum stock 1-2" or 3/4 X 3" wood.............

Attachments

• pottery 027.jpg
    pottery 027.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 117

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you want fasteners visible ?? You want the illusion that it's hovering in midair with magic ??

Recently, there seems to be an over-abundant amount of people trying to eliminate the most logical way of installing signs. Everyone seems to want to use some glue or double sided tape. What is so wrong with fasteners showing ?? It hasn't been a problem for 100 years, but suddenly, all these people with little... to no know-how, want to change things. Why ??

Being creative with physical fasteners is a very small challenge in the scope of things, but can add beauty to the overall finished product if done well.

Billct2

Gino has a good point, nothing wrong with some fasteners on a face, after all the whole building is held together with hundreds of them.
Sometimes it's nice to exaggerate the fasteners, especially in an industrial setting like a metal building with a body shop in it.

nolanola

5x10 ft. AlumaCorr from Reece Supply (~$190)

The size of the sign is 5x7.5 ft.
Cut it with a circular saw.

Thank you for the question!

visual800

Im somtired of people NOT wanting hardware showing. Tell them you will screw it or ask them to order .080 and weld studs to the back and then make a drill pattern....sounds ridiculous doesnt it.

if you do run taps thru the face at leadt use galvanized none of that cheap zinc