• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 Centering Issue

Pinfinity

Looking for some help in a media centering problem. Ok, send the file to rip and print....in the menu towards the bottom I will apply center justify if the graphic is large or I just want it to be centered.
Well, the rip and print view shows the graphic centered, but he printer outputs the the graphic 1-1/2 - 2 " to the left of center. Are their any adjustments on the printer menu itself?...or what am I missing? apprerciate any help.

AUTO-FX

Check the size of media as indicated in the rip against the actual size of your vinyl .I bet it's different.

Pinfinity

Ok, heres the verdict...media I am using is 30" wide exactly...printer margin set to 3mm...and still centering is off 3/4" with the margin larger on the right side facing the printer.

AUTO-FX

What size is shown as the media width in your rip? What happens if you input a custom size, like 28.5" ?

Pinfinity

Hey Auto, you should be sending me the bill for all your assistance lol..ok let me try that out. I guess you tell I'm not MacGuiver with my printer...let ya know shortly

Pinfinity

I just modified the user defined measurement to 29.750" and printed out and it is now centered. Thanks Auto...why is that? 30" should be 30" right?...what gives?

AUTO-FX

Dumb question here - did you try reloading the media?
If not , remove and reload the vinyl to a slightly different spot and reset the size to 30" in your rip and see what happens.

Pinfinity

Auto, this is my ultra dumb response...lol The spool that holds the vinyl roll has a fixed end on one side with a set screw, and to my knoweledge I don't think you are supposed to undo the set screw in that fixed position. The other end of the reel is adjustable out to the end of the unit. I can however reload the vinyl and see what happens at 30" user defined.
If this is untrue, please let me know..thanx

AUTO-FX

Yes, generally true. On my older machine, there is a fine tuning knob to turn and adjust alignment within a margin of about .25 in . Your machine probably has one too. on the roller bracket at the right end (from the front).
Adjusting this shouldnt matter regarding your problem here , though. It is the sensor in the head carriage that is misreading where the media edges are, i think.

Stealth Ryder

On a VJ Printer the grey Flange (closest to th inks) is fixed, (DO NOT TRY TO MOVE IT).
Once the machine sizes the media, enter the TRUE media width in the RIP/Print window. Remember you margin size. You can adjust the print job to the left by changing the value in the POSITION BOX, for lack of a better name...

Attachments

• RP.jpg
    RP.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 55

Stealth Ryder

Yes, generally true. On my older machine, there is a fine tuning knob to turn and adjust alignment within a margin of about .25 in . Your machine probably has one too. on the roller bracket at the right end (from the front).
Adjusting this shouldnt matter regarding your problem here , though. It is the sensor in the head carriage that is misreading where the media edges are, i think.

Auto, his machine is a little different from yours I think... He can make the adjustment from the software... Very Simple to do.

Pinfinity

Stealth...thats great, so set the material default to the exact size of the material width and proceed to adjust the position accordingly? Would I have to do a small test print with each job after setting this to insure it's center?...or just set it for my lets say for the 30" material I'm using?

Stealth Ryder

Stealth...thats great, so set the material default to the exact size of the material width and proceed to adjust the position accordingly? Would I have to do a small test print with each job after setting this to insure it's center?...or just set it for my lets say for the 30" material I'm using?

Yes, untill you learn how much to the left you need to go for center... It will always be the same... Mathmatics My friend...

Pinfinity

Sir? man your makin feel really old now...lol...by the way Stealth you were one of the first guys on this forum to help me if my memory serves correctly when I purchased the mother load.

Pinfinity

Auto, don't even...your a great help! you have given me a lot of insight into opening my head with figuring things out. And I hope you don't mind if I could pick your brain in the future.....like probably 10 minutes from now..lol
I would love to help in any way as well...thanx again