• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1324 finally printing color. Help with faded looking ink

altereddezignz

So after a massive battle we have finally got your 1324 printing ink. New dampers, new encoder, flushed and cleaned head. So now that we are printing i have loaded the profile for Oracal 1365 and did a a couple test prints. The black looks faded or washed out. I also have a design i printed that the background design is solid color and is the same blue as the outline around the text yet the background prints a darker blue than the foreground does even tho i have confirmed that they are indeed the same color. I have tried different print types as on wow 2, fine and fog 3 and 3 or 4 more with the same results. The same issue on the black as well with a design in the background that had a black outline is very solid black yet the foreground black is washed out?

I have attached a couple images but not sure how well it will look. The green design is the same way with colors looking more washed out and not as vibrant.
The colors look almost dotty if that is the word for it. It may just be me since i am very new to this and have never really been around printed wraps much.

Attachments

• IMG_4771.jpg
    IMG_4771.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_4772.jpg
    IMG_4772.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_4775.jpg
    IMG_4775.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 212

heyskull

What does the nozzle check look like?
If their are any nozzles out you will get this issue.
Also that looks a very low resolution you are printing with.

SC

heyskull

Also looking at the orange and the light green you will always struggle with these colours unless you are printing high resolution.

SC

altereddezignz

What does the nozzle check look like?
If their are any nozzles out you will get this issue.
Also that looks a very low resolution you are printing with.

SC

Nozzle check looks great. Everything in the green image and the red is all vector created in illustrator except for the background. Those were 300dpi to start with. The illustrator file was 150 dpi also. The over all size of the printed image is 9x25

altereddezignz

Also looking at the orange and the light green you will always struggle with these colours unless you are printing high resolution.

SC

Not as worried at the moment about the actual color of the green or orange at the moment just trying to figure out the faded look, But i have been told this beofre so i am trying to be prepared lol.

altereddezignz

On the orange, blue, black and grey image and reason the blue's would be different colors? The blue on the background design is the same 10/90/0/0 mix as all the other blues in the image. There is only one color blue used in the whole design.

The color difference is a lot more drastic than what is in the picture i took.

altereddezignz

All colors are in CYMK. I tried the another oracal profile with the exact same result. It is just strange that the background blue is darker and the forward blue is lighter. Driving me nuts lol.

Now i have not tried printing the black with a 60/60/60/100 color mix yet to correct the back. All the blue is CYMK and it is 100/90/0/0.

Now just to help with some more information if it helps. The brushed background and the blue, white, black design are both in a clipping mask. I did not rasterize this file before sending to flexi. I simply saved the file as cs6 and open in flexi.

Would this make a difference?

All colors are in CYMK. I tried the another oracal profile with the exact same result. It is just strange that the background blue is darker and the forward blue is lighter. Driving me nuts lol.

Now i have not tried printing the black with a 60/60/60/100 color mix yet to correct the back. All the blue is CYMK and it is 100/90/0/0.

Now just to help with some more information if it helps. The brushed background and the blue, white, black design are both in a clipping mask. I did not rasterize this file before sending to flexi. I simply saved the file as cs6 and open in flexi.

Would this make a difference?

Yes, it could definitely make a difference. It depends on the choice of Rendering Intents that are being used (they should be the same for both raster and vector data sets). Also, when designing outside of FlexiSIGN (in Corel or Illustrator for example), it might be better to bring the job directly into the Production Manager App (File > Add Job) instead of FlexiSIGN. It is a more direct and predictable workflow.

altereddezignz

Yes, it could definitely make a difference. It depends on the choice of Rendering Intents that are being used (they should be the same for both raster and vector data sets). Also, when designing outside of FlexiSIGN (in Corel or Illustrator for example), it might be better to bring the job directly into the Production Manager App (File > Add Job) instead of FlexiSIGN. It is a more direct and predictable workflow.

I was told by flexi to always open the file in flexi and proceed from there. This would have to be done in any print/cut jobs anyways right?

If it is brought in directly through PM then you wouldnt be able to check what is printing and such?

I was told by flexi to always open the file in flexi and proceed from there. This would have to be done in any print/cut jobs anyways right?

If it is brought in directly through PM then you wouldnt be able to check what is printing and such?

If the production job file is completely built outside of Flexi (using AI or Corel etc), it can be brought into the RIP (PM) directly. You lose nothing in the way of functionality using this workflow. Flexi is a design tool, and PM is an output tool for print and/or cut. I have found in a number of previous versions of Flexi over the years that better color can generally be achieved using this workflow, versus designing in Flexi. Your mileage may vary.

altereddezignz

If the production job file is completely built outside of Flexi (using AI or Corel etc), it can be brought into the RIP (PM) directly. You lose nothing in the way of functionality using this workflow. Flexi is a design tool, and PM is an output tool for print and/or cut. I have found in a number of previous versions of Flexi over the years that better color can generally be achieved using this workflow, versus designing in Flexi. Your mileage may vary.

Interesting. So let me ask this so i dont print something and it print a massive amount of stuff. If i have multiple designs but i am only looking to print one if i change the art board to just around that design then theoretically it will only print that design?

Now this would differ when i am doing contour cuts and a print cut job since i would have to apply the registration marks and the contour cut?

J Hill Designs

Interesting. So let me ask this so i dont print something and it print a massive amount of stuff. If i have multiple designs but i am only looking to print one if i change the art board to just around that design then theoretically it will only print that design?

Now this would differ when i am doing contour cuts and a print cut job since i would have to apply the registration marks and the contour cut?

-personally I would copy/paste into new artboard to be sure

-contour cut line can be added in illustrator (create a CutContour swatch)