• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help 1628x encoder sensor

floater302

so i was removing the printhead and and ink got on the encoder sensor and didnt know it, so when i started her up i received the good old E068 err so did all the normal stuff you would do, still nothing, found out it blew one fuse on board and getting the nice 0000 reading. the sensor lits up when i start her up. so my question is would the sensor still lit up if it was fried?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's possible it can still light up and be bad. The light means it's getting power though so it doesn't sound like the CR board got damaged. If you get 0000 when running the encoder test, I'd start with replacing the sensor.

floater302

It's possible it can still light up and be bad. The light means it's getting power though so it doesn't sound like the CR board got damaged. If you get 0000 when running the encoder test, I'd start with replacing the sensor.
ok. sounds like a good spot to start at, thanks for your reply

floater302

Update: New sensor fixed that problem, now to overnight a new printhead and ill be running with this new machine