• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

18oz banner printed and sewn hems?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm in need of a printed banner - 18oz with sewn hems sized at 17x4'. My usual vendors either don't offer sewn hems for 18oz or don't offer 18oz. Thanks in advance!

PrintTrader

Merchant Member
Hi Stacey, we'd be happy to help you out. At PrintTrader.com we print 18oz. banners on HP Latex grand format printers and are happy to provide sewn hems for you. Our turnaround time is 1 business day and we offer only wholesale pricing for trade-only ordering. Please feel free to register an account by visiting our site, or please call us directly to further discuss your needs - our direct (no phone menu) line is 248-859-4008. Thanks for considering us to be your trade printing partner!

Stacey K

I like making signs
Sewn hems are more common on double-sided banners around here. May I ask why you can't use heat welded hems?
The last banner this guy had made was years ago. He feels that the sewn hems are better than the welded. What are your thoughts on this? I don't know of any of my welded banners that haven't held up well. He will use it for 5 days per year, for 5 years. Seems to me like this shouldn't be an issue...right?

Dan360

Welded really depends on the welding machine, we have a garbage one that I haven't plugged in in years. But I've seen really nice ones out there.

We typically go sewn on large stuff. We use a local upholstery shop that gives us pretty good pricing to get them done. You may want to reach out to some local businesses to see if that's possible. That way you can run it yourself and don't have to worry about suppliers lead times or shipping costs.

ABA Visibility Products

Premium Subscriber