• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20’ truck wrap pricing question

nolanola

Hello.
They want us to wrap a 20’ truck (2 colors) and I do not know how to price it.
There is nothing wrong with using Oracal 651 for the box and cast vinyl for the cab, right?

Applying the "(cost of material)x2 + (hourly rate of the shop)x hours x persons performing the job" formula we get:
$370+$304+$65x8x2=$1714

attachment.php

What do you think?

Thank you!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 134

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Are you wrapping the whole cab? It was left white on the picture you attached.
I don't think I would mess around with calendared 651 oracal. I would just print the whole think on 3m 40c and cast on the cabin.
Usually I charge $100/feet for the boxtrucks. So if they have a 16 footer i charge 1600. if they have a 25 footer i charge them 2500.

reQ

To answer one of your questions - Yes, everything is wrong with using 651 for it. Its not made for it. Invest in proper materials.

nolanola

Thank you!
With cast material only:
$1138+$65x8x2=$2178

It's getting close to $2500.

They want two quotes: with and without the cabin.

fresh

I think you are a low, you need to add in the time to cut/weed/tape and prep the vehicle. Plus you need to consider any consumables, and then I like to add another 20% because I would prefer to make a profit and there always problems. Also, I think 3x material price for the vinyl is much more appropriate.

I don't know if you did the design or they did, but I always try to include at least a small set up fee / design fee in every order.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Disclaimer, I don't care for Oracal/Orafol on so many levels.

651 isn't the correct material for a lot of reasons; 1. Installation of large panels like that will be difficulty without the air egress feature of a wrap materials ( it will cost you more in time than if you just bought the proper materials). 2. Removal will be a nightmare down the road compared to a wrap film and that will cost you or your customer money in the long run (again, cheaper to use the right materials - cost more X2 ). 3. It's intermediate vinyl why would you use it on vehicles? It will shrink, crack and chalk prematurely.

When your trying to save you and your client a buck or two make sure you look at the whole process start to finish including removal. If you do that and explain yourself to your client, they will realize you have their best interests at heart and learn to trust you.

WB

I'd print it, Cast vehicle grade vinyl and Lam. Don't bother trying to skimp on material it always comes back to bite you.

I would guess $3000-3500. but I'm in Canada.. things are more $$ here

reQ

Ya, for us, Canadians, it wil translate to 3-3.5k (depends if the back needs to be covered also)

thewvsignguy

Cast color change wrap film for the purple and cast White (751/951) for the name.

I would be around $3500 with the front, $3000 for both sides. Make sure it's worth your time and make some money! Do a quality job, do it correctly the first time and they will come back.

That front cab is gonna be a bugger, how are you gonna get up there and apply the material? Can't sit on the cab roof, that takes time to get it set up as well. Scaffolding might be your best bet.

Good Luck!

boxerbay

3M 1080 the base purple and the white. $2500.00
Cab add in another $1000.00

unless the cab tilts forward you can forget about installing behind the cab.

in this case I think the client would be better off going to MAACO and having them paint the truck purple for $500 then you letter it.

thewvsignguy

in this case I think the client would be better off going to MAACO and having them paint the truck purple for $500 then you letter it.

This!

Don't guarantee ANYTHING when applying vinyl to a re-painted surface like that! The paint is only as good and the prep work, I've seen app tape take respray paint off.....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
3M 1080 the base purple and the white. $2500.00
Cab add in another $1000.00

in this case I think
the client would be better off going to MAACO and having them paint the truck purple for $500 then you letter it.

^^This^^