• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

250 GT error messge

AlsEU

Did you checked the Firewire cable inside the printer? It connects data relay card (installed in the PCI slot of the computer motherboard) with carriage board (in the carriage). If not, get a new cable (Firewire, 9 pins), switch off the printer, unplug original cable and plug yours routed outside igus chain. Then switch on the printer. It's even possible to print with FW cable outside igus, but you have to be very careful and hold the cable in your hands to prevent it from damage (gantry and carriage are moving...).
Also - have you checked LED diodes on the carriage board? There should be one blinking. What is the frequency of blinking?

Pete Moss

Did you checked the Firewire cable inside the printer? It connects data relay card (installed in the PCI slot of the computer motherboard) with carriage board (in the carriage). If not, get a new cable (Firewire, 9 pins), switch off the printer, unplug original cable and plug yours routed outside igus chain. Then switch on the printer. It's even possible to print with FW cable outside igus, but you have to be very careful and hold the cable in your hands to prevent it from damage (gantry and carriage are moving...).
Also - have you checked LED diodes on the carriage board? There should be one blinking. What is the frequency of blinking?

Thanks for letting me know the correct name of the cable. This is the cable that has been ordered and I was calling the communication cable. If this route does not work I will check the other suggestions. We also have one of the new mother boards in route that will be put in if the firewire cable does not work.

Again, thanks so much for everyone's input. Greatly appreciated.

Pete Moss

Can you send a log file to me? I will take a look on it.

I believe we need this years dongle in order to get the log file. Please let me know if I am wrong. If it is the case, unfortunately, our phone calls to Oce' in order to get the dongle have turned up in "I'll transfer you" a circular path.

Pete Moss

Hi Drvaid,

Yeah, apparently there are TWO "motherboards" in the FUJI/OCE machines.
One is mounted inside the print head box, the other is down on the left end
of the machine, near the ink filters and other electronics.

Both are high expense. :-(
- Doug
Vancouver

Thanks for letting us know. I appreciate it Doug.

Slimoff

I believe we need this years dongle in order to get the log file. Please let me know if I am wrong. If it is the case, unfortunately, our phone calls to Oce' in order to get the dongle have turned up in "I'll transfer you" a circular path.
Nobody will just give you key.
You dont need key to do logs.
I wonder that guy who installed printer didn't tell you.
there is button in your OCE interface "generate log"
it will save couple of files that you can access from your rip computer looking for arizona IP address under arizona log folder.

Pete Moss

"Nobody will just give you key."

I wonder why you say this as we have replacement keys from 2011-2014. Please explain.

I wasn't around when the printer was installed. I've been in the sign industry for many years, just new to flatbeds.

Thanks for the info on the logs, I'll look into it once the new parts are in.

Slimoff

"Nobody will just give you key."

I wonder why you say this as we have replacement keys from 2011-2014. Please explain.

I wasn't around when the printer was installed. I've been in the sign industry for many years, just new to flatbeds.

Thanks for the info on the logs, I'll look into it once the new parts are in.

I mean that they give a key only after comleting their classroom, they dont give key to any enduser.

Pete Moss

Hmm, not sure. I don't think anyone besides one person here had a (one) class with them. If I remember correctly there were not any. I could be wrong. I believe there was a brief tutorial when the machine was installed. All of this was all before I joined on. It could be the fact that this sister company is also an authorized Oce' dealer.

Pete Moss

Fun little tid bit of information... I was looking for more information on the Oce' 250 GT and a coworker suggested using Netherlands google since the machine was made there. I was able to find some information not found on the US google. Who would've thought!

https://www.google.nl/?gws_rd=ssl

Pete Moss

It is just on. No blinking, just on. Hopefully this provides some sort of clue?

AlsEU

It is just on. No blinking, just on. Hopefully this provides some sort of clue?

So if both green LEDs are on (D9 should be on constantly, D20 not), that generally means that there is a problem. LED D20 (roughly in the middle of the board) is permanently on, when:
- after initialization communication between carriage board and data relay board (at the other end of the firewire cable) is lost
- any of the specific voltages measured in specific points is wrong

First possibility usually means damaged firewire cable, second one is difficult and needs further investigation by service technician (lack of board's power supply, possible malfunction of the board itself or any of the parts installed on the board damaged, malfunction of any device connected to the carriage board etc.).

Pete Moss

Thanks AlsEU that was a huge help. Turns out the data relay board was the culprit for the strips of garble. Ultimately, the printer stopped working completely due to a fried power source. The mother board was shot, as well as the circuit board on the carriage. There was also a short on one of the wires in the carriage that was reseeded. We also replaced the fire-wire. Once it was replaced the firmware was updated and we were back in business. Thanks again for all of the input everyone.

ToTo

Professional Support
Go to diagnostics Screen, then go to the tab utilities and generate the System logs.
Access the shared Folder logs fom RIP-Station to gt the log files and put them on wetransfer and share the link here.
I'm working since few years on arizona and can read and analyze. Will take a look onto and if you have a e-mail adress i will contact you.
Have installed cracks onto the machine? Wich Firmware are you using?

AlsEU

Go to diagnostics Screen, then go to the tab utilities and generate the System logs.
Access the shared Folder logs fom RIP-Station to gt the log files and put them on wetransfer and share the link here.
I'm working since few years on arizona and can read and analyze. Will take a look onto and if you have a e-mail adress i will contact you.
Have installed cracks onto the machine? Wich Firmware are you using?

Have you read Pete's post? The printer is fixed and working.