• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

25500 ink starvation?

CreatedDesigns

attachment.php
Not sure but can anyone give a suggestion on what may be happening here. Printing 12 pass high ink Bidir normally print on IJ180 but this is poster paper for cost savings while troubleshooting. It appears the ink supply to the yellow print head is starving itself. I can make it last longer by increasing pass counts.
should I just replace the print head? Is there a way to test the amount of ink being supplied to the print heads?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 396
Why would you print with the high ink setting on front lit PVC vinyl or paper medias? The High Ink setting is normally used for very absorptive or backlit medias, and using it on the media that you are mentioning will tend to cause major problems with coalescence and wet ink, in my experience.

CreatedDesigns

Because that was the stock 3M Profile for IJ180 for Flexi, It has always printed great with no problems until now. so I did not see a reason to change it. I will look into building a better profile for it.

CreatedDesigns

Here is a test print of random colors, I see now that more colors are affected than I previously thought as you can see the colors all start to fade out and start banding.

This was just printed on IJ180C-V3

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 287
It appears that your Yellow printhead(s) are failing shortly after the print commences. You can run a Test Print and verify if this is the case, and if so, swapping out the affected head(s) takes about 15 minutes, including the automatic printhead alignment calibration.

Printheads are consumable items on the HP Latex machines.

CreatedDesigns

I agree with your suggestion about the Y-K Print head and I ordered a New head earlier today I should get it tomorrow, I have done countless cleanings and head swapping to see if it makes a difference and I also took the machine apart and cleaned the inside I found that the little needles that go into the Ink Carts to be all gummed up so I cleaned those also while I was checking for any air leaks and any other signs of poor maintenance.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Don