• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M 1080 Metallic

401Graphics

I think he meant to say he ordered 6 rolls of Arlon from NEPCO.

I also think "F'in dog" was suppose to be "F***ing doing".

Border

Sounds to me like Grimco should be the ones steppin' up here. Did they at least refund your money for the original mis-order?
I'm sure you wasted a lot of time messing with that wrong material too and that would chap my *** if I were in the same boat.
Just a "sorry" would cut it. A company the size of Grimco surely has the resources to make it right with you in this situation.

3M owes you nothing in this situation (in my opinion), other than to maybe try and put some pressure on Grimco to make it right with you.

3M 1080 is a great product. The worker at Grimco may have just made an honest mistake but unfortunately it hit you hard and they should step up to make it right by absorbing the costs rather than leaving you with it.

I say this assuming all the above info you have provided is accurate.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yeah I'd have to agree that "sorry about that" is not an acceptable resolution. There may also be other factors here as well - was he charged for regular 180 series metallic? If so thats a lot less expensive than 1080 series film. Depending on if the entire roll was used and if the customer was in the end happy with the job or if he plans on removing the 1080 and redoing the job with the correct film could also come into play. Realistically both films have roughly the same expected life but I'd think the 1080 would be glossier and more durable with the factory laminate.

If it were me, I'd demand they (Grimco) take back whatever is left of the roll, and ship me what I ordered at no additional cost to me. I'd eat the removal and reinstall plus workign with my client to let them know what happened. I realize people are human and mistakes will sometimes be made so I'd not be lookign to rip Grimco or 3M apart on something like this. But I'd certainly expect some sort of concession in makign things right.

AdamLarson

I have a customer wanting to see a sample of the 1080 black metallic(BK212), anyone know the best place to get some samples on the way?
The main 3M graphics server does not have Guam as an option to ship to.
I tried ordering samples of this material before and got no reply at all.

wayne k
guam usa

GAC05- I got your post and your email. I shot you a note this morning. Let me know if you did not receive it. Hope to get you some 1080 samples asap.
Thanks to everyone for their support on this site.
Happy Friday,
Adam Larson
3M Commercial Graphics- Marketing
ajlarson@mmm.com, 651.733.9259

Stuckup

The only problem I have with 3M is that I don't know any more reps alive, not up to date. I am not warrantied for them, not too much experience on it lately, yet I have run a couple of training courses for them. hough I prefer Avery now, 3M has never let me down EVER