• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m 7725 ISSUE

gabagoo

I had a batch of graphics returned as garbage from a client. We used the 7725 3m vinyl with the synthetic backer as the graphics were very intricate and small. I tried removing a decal and basically everything was stuck to the liner. I then wet each one and removed the premask. I then purchased a roll of the ultra high tack from Transferite and tried that and again some graphics came off but most were stuck on the liner. At this point I have no idea what to do. Called 3M and was thrown into voice mail, so I play the waiting game... Any ideas on why this might be happening? I use a lot of this product for small graphics and yes they can be a pain to remove, but with high tack premask it never is...until these ones.

striper14

I've found that happens a lot as that stuff gets older & that some colors are worse than others. It also gets an odd smell to it. Haven't heard of a way around it tho...:banghead: