• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M 8625 Wall wrap problems

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We've been experiencing some trouble install wall wrap IJ 8625 with 8524 lam. No matter what angle we press the vinyl in as it's heated we get a lot of burnt marks and bubbles. We use the recommended heat setting.
Any thoughts?

JBurton

Signtologist
According to this bulletin, you need to go faster and with more pressure. I'd also probably turn down the heat to something like 800F. If you have high and low settings on your gun, go for a high setting with a lower temp than suggested, it gives more airflow, heating faster, with less heat.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
According to this bulletin, you need to go faster and with more pressure. I'd also probably turn down the heat to something like 800F. If you have high and low settings on your gun, go for a high setting with a lower temp than suggested, it gives more airflow, heating faster, with less heat.
Appreciate the advice. I sent this over to my install tech. Hasn't been a real problem as most of the walls designs we've done have some sort of pattern that easily hides any flaws but now we'll be doing a solid white background and fear that those flaws would be more prevalent.
We'll use this plan to experiment with some smaller white samples and let you know.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
We've been experiencing some trouble install wall wrap IJ 8625 with 8524 lam. No matter what angle we press the vinyl in as it's heated we get a lot of burnt marks and bubbles. We use the recommended heat setting.
Any thoughts?
Reference pics would be helpful….