• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M DI-NOC vs. Oracal 975 Carbon

os101king

Anyone used both of these materials? Looking for a supplier for the 3m.. need to get samples of both for comparison. Don't have MUCH call for it but I know I could do twenty or thirty hoods a year if I could find a reliable outdoor-worthy material. I've searched the threads but found mostly outdated info on it so I thought I'd re-post the question here and see what pops up.

Thanks!

rfulford

Have you priced the dinoc? I had a client request samples on two varieties of dinoc and the price was over $500 for about 10 yards.

smdgrfx

I priced the Di-Noc this past month and was given a quote of about $3000 for a full roll of the Carbon...a little too pricey for something I just want to "check out". I definitely have customers interested, but they also want to see it/try it before they buy it.

smdgrfx

I'm also curious about the Oracal...my local distributor is serving lunch today, so I was going to stop in and see if they have and of the Oracal in stock.

SurfaceSigns

Our local suppliers have both in stock, and sell by the yard. I've bought a bit of both to try out.

First of all, the Oracal stuff was considerably more expensive than the 3M, which I thought was odd. I seem to remember the 3M being $3 per sqft, and the Oracal being closer to $6 per sqft. Also, the Oracal product doesn't have air release.

The Oracal is a glossier finish, were the 3M is more of a Matte finish. The Di-Noc has a more detailed texture, actually looks like Carbon Fibre.

Overall, I'd go with the 3M Di-Noc.

In the US, these guys appear to be the master distributor of the product: http://www.idsfinishes.com

In Canada, Proveer had the Oracal, and ND Graphics had the 3M in stock.