• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ35C alternative

TeamOutlaw

I've read a few other posts on here about peoples general dis-like for 3M's products. However, we have had good luck with 'most' of them over the past 15+yrs.

We typically use 3M IJ180 series for vehicles etc. We began using IJ35C with 8518 Laminate for intermediate / interior projects & noticed the 'shrinkage' problem after a few weeks. We even swithced to the 8508 Laminate as more of a 'component match' to the IJ35 with no better results.

We printed some photographs, applied them to acrylic panels & mounted with standoffs to an office wall. 2-3 weeks later...the photo edges were rolling/curling!?

We have switched to more IJ40 now...bit more money, but seems to be a good all-around film.

Any other intermediate films that you all would recommend to replace our IJ35C product? We like the comply feature (especially for some of the 'rookie' installers) :)

2B

ORAJET 3165RA (this is thicker, so even easier for the "rookies") or 3651RA both are on the same price range as the IJ35C

we have had MUCH better results with color consistency and minimal shrinkage especially when compared to the IJ35C

wmshuman

I have used 3165RA since the day it came out up until about 6 months ago. It is a great film and well worth the money. I do not have a bad thing to say about it.

One day, a rep from a company called Kapco stopped in my shop and introduced me to their own "manufactured" air egress vinyl. They have a cast film and an intermediate cal version and it is a lot cheaper than 3165RA and comes in both Matte and gloss finishes. A 54"x50yd roll is $180 and that includes free shipping. Call the company and ask for Chuck Lazor. Tell him Matt Shuman told you to call him and he will hook you up.

J

john1

I have used 3165RA since the day it came out up until about 6 months ago. It is a great film and well worth the money. I do not have a bad thing to say about it.

One day, a rep from a company called Kapco stopped in my shop and introduced me to their own "manufactured" air egress vinyl. They have a cast film and an intermediate cal version and it is a lot cheaper than 3165RA and comes in both Matte and gloss finishes. A 54"x50yd roll is $180 and that includes free shipping. Call the company and ask for Chuck Lazor. Tell him Matt Shuman told you to call him and he will hook you up.

Hmmm, I'll have to check it out!

Getting low on this 3165RA roll now. I love it and it works better than the IJ35C but if i can save some $ with a product just as good, I'm down.

Looks like $112 a roll for the 30" :) https://www.kapco.com/cms/site/80ae5545317c6d19/index.html

Thanks for sharing