• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions 3rd Party Printer Monitor

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
With my old Roland VersaCamm there was the Roland OnSupport app that could notify you via email when there was a problem with the printer or when a job was complete, I had this setup to text my phone. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with a 3rd party app that will do the same thing?

I've switched to Mimaki, which I believe has a similar feature through the printer setup, but only if you are connected via ethernet. I'm currently connected via USB at the recommendation of the installer. Apparently you get less printer communication errors with USB? So before I go and change the setup to ethernet, to see if this feature works as well as it did with Roland, I thought I would explore some other 3rd party app options!

If you have or know of a Windows app like this that works well, please let me know what it's called!
Bonus if it's a free app, I'm cheap! LOL ;)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
With my old Roland VersaCamm there was the Roland OnSupport app that could notify you via email when there was a problem with the printer or when a job was complete, I had this setup to text my phone. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with a 3rd party app that will do the same thing?

I've switched to Mimaki, which I believe has a similar feature through the printer setup, but only if you are connected via ethernet. I'm currently connected via USB at the recommendation of the installer. Apparently you get less printer communication errors with USB? So before I go and change the setup to ethernet, to see if this feature works as well as it did with Roland, I thought I would explore some other 3rd party app options!

If you have or know of a Windows app like this that works well, please let me know what it's called!
Bonus if it's a free app, I'm cheap! LOL ;)
It depends on what Mimaki you are using. It sounds weird but, some of them, like the CJV150, have an ethernet port that simply won't let you send jobs to it but it's there specifically to setup the email alerts. You can actually use it along with the USB connection.

Kemik

It depends on what Mimaki you are using. It sounds weird but, some of them, like the CJV150, have an ethernet port that simply won't let you send jobs to it but it's there specifically to setup the email alerts. You can actually use it along with the USB connection.
I have a UCJV300

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have a UCJV300
Gotcha. You should be able to use the ethernet port on that machine for both communication and emails. I believe Mimaki recommends a cat 6 cable but it should work fine. I feel like some techs have issues with customer's networks and just don't want to deal with it so they say, "just use USB" to be honest.

Kemik

Gotcha. You should be able to use the ethernet port on that machine for both communication and emails. I believe Mimaki recommends a cat 6 cable but it should work fine. I feel like some techs have issues with customer's networks and just don't want to deal with it so they say, "just use USB" to be honest.
Thanks!