• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4x4 mdo sign layout, whaddya think?

Flame

Haven't put anything up here on a while... so here goes.

What do you guys think of this layout? Just a quickie 4x4 sign for a coffee shop. She wanted red, white and black, and only the name, no contact info, and will be going on 4"x4" poles.

Opinions are welcomed.

Attachments

• Java Jitters cafe sign proof 3.jpg
    Java Jitters cafe sign proof 3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 130

jiarby

Looks like Tava Titters

The coffee bean looks like an afterthought...might be a jelly bean splitting in half?

Flame

I disagree....I got "Java Titters" right away. Mmmmm....titters.....

Seriously though, the bean could use a little help as mentioned. Is this dimensional or paint or?

Hand routered sign, double sided, digital print.

Yeah... maybe some coffee bean lovin' would help.

HeavyHitter

Hand routered sign, double sided, digital print.

Yeah... maybe some coffee bean lovin' would help.

I am not a coffee drinker so I had to look at the bean a couple times to see what it was. At first I thought it was a clam, but I am close to gulf and see seafood signs all the time. BTW... I got Java right away from the sign as well. Looking good. :thumb:

Dan

S'N'S

I don't like the shape of the sign, what about something rounder. Just slapped it together for example.
Cheers Gary

Attachments

• JaJi.jpg
    JaJi.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 89
S

scarface

*throws up*

Just kidding! I really like it Flame. I love the coffee bean on the side.

Jillbeans

Try looking in the alternate characters of that font, I think Arthur also includes a J that is more traditional.
The panel shape does not suit the lettering.
That letterstyle is from the 40s and your panel is far more traditional/formal.
You don't really need those stripes in the background.
If you are going with the jigsaw idea, try cutting out a big-ass coffee bean as a secondary panel on which to put the Java Jitters part, then layer that onto a background which has a rounded bottom, putting Cafe under that.
Too lazy to sketch something out today.
Love....Jill
OK went and shoveled some snow, Maybe try Flash Script.
I really don't like working with red and black.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

k.a.s.

What if you just rounded the top? Then you could move the lettering up and maybe make it a little bigger. I like the lines in the backround, but I like Jill's "J's" better. And I would add a border, but then again I always add borders.

Kevin

Deaton Design

That panel shape is fugugly, but everything else is fine. You might edit the nodes on the "J"s to take off the top part, so there wont be any misconception of it being a T. I got Java Jitters soon as I read it, but seems others didnt, so you might change that. I would definitely use another panel shape though. Maybe an oval, since coffee beans are oval shaped? And also add a border around the sign. A border always adds to a sign layout.

signgal

Glad to see another loser post actions...

*applauds Flame for puttin it out there for constructive criticisms*

Ponto

Nice work... and because of how our (...most of "our") brains work the Java message is apparent. I would however, alter the shape of the contour at the top... the middle arc should be made more shallow.

JP