• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A walljob

Flame

Well, I'm kind of slow so it took me 3 days, but here's a 18' x 7' wall paint job of mine. Still had an hours worth of touchups after I took the pic, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• walljob.jpg
    walljob.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 95

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks good. Time has no meaning when you're getting your feet wet at something new. Experience that you can take with you means much more than an hourly wage from time to time.

Did you use a pounce pattern or did you use some sort of stencils ??

What type of paints and brushes did you use ??

:Oops: What, no pictures of you in action ??​

signage

Flame I think someone may have vandalized it after you letf!

Attachments

• walljob.jpg
    walljob.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 78

Flame

Looks good. Time has no meaning when you're getting your feet wet at something new. Experience that you can take with you means much more than an hourly wage from time to time.

Did you use a pounce pattern or did you use some sort of stencils ??

What type of paints and brushes did you use ??

:Oops: What, no pictures of you in action ??​

Not my first one but it's the tallest one.

Used all oneshot, 3/4" angled fitch, a quill for touchups, and a 2" cutter to finish out the letters.

Used a pounce pattern in 2 pieces.

Total size is 18' x 7'. Could've done most in a day but that globe was a royal PITA.

What I mean...why a walljob and not an attatchment? Just curious.:rock-n-roll:
No clue what you mean... lol

Looks ok...but three day's ?:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I'm not the fastest at this, and that globe... like I said, was a PITA, and it was too cold until about 9am... then could work till about 4 and then it was too cold again. So figure 20 hours, and I'd say most of that was trying to fix up Australia and Antartica, and fixing the huge drip I got from painting too early in the morning with thinned paint. lol. :banghead:

Jillbeans

Three days? Man, I am three times your age and could have done that in one.
Hope you charged accordingly, like my brother screeched at me the entire time I was repainting the Wendy's sign "every hour you take is costing ME money!"
Turned out good, you will get faster the more of these jobs you get.
The nice thing about wall painting is that you can charge a premium.
Just be careful about drips (not the ones saying "you spelled that wrong")
and equipment.
Love....Jill

Flame

Congrats! I'm surprised you didn't have JDB knock that one out for you.

New Years Resolution ... do more stuff myself.

and yeah, the 3 day breakdown.. .first day, lay out the paper (wind made it miserable), pounce, paint the bottom black text and start around the Q

Next day, finish the black and lay in the blue on the globe.

3rd day, fix my mistakes, clean up the drips and lay on the green, then out of there in time for some chicken teriyaki. :)

Three days? Man, I am three times your age and could have done that in one.

I don't exactly "swing a brush" very often. lol. I'm sure you're a far better painter than me.

Rodi

Looks good Flame.

I had a different understanding of Wall Job, though. My father had a 197x Datsun 210SX an when he brought to the dealer to get it fixed, they would put it against the wall and leave it there all day, tell my father they fixed it, made him pay and then send him on his way. Several times the car did not start…

Until today, that was a wall job!

Fatboy

Looks good Flame.

I had a different understanding of Wall Job, though. My father had a 197x Datsun 210SX an when he brought to the dealer to get it fixed, they would put it against the wall and leave it there all day, tell my father they fixed it, made him pay and then send him on his way. Several times the car did not start…

Until today, that was a wall job!

???????:clapping:

Patrick46

It looks like a nicely done job...

But that overhead door underneath it is a 10' x 14'... I don't see how your job could measure 7' x 18'??? It barely looks to be half of that.

Flame

It looks like a nicely done job...

But that overhead door underneath it is a 10' x 14'... I don't see how your job could measure 7' x 18'??? It barely looks to be half of that.

My mistake, it's a 8' x 14' logo. I hadn't had my coffee yet. lol