• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

About cleaning and applying vinyl: I need help to find the right tools.

Zazzess

:thumb:

Tell me my supplier didn't lie to me ?

For the towel I will be getting wipeall x80
that's what they buy here... hope it'll do...

Attachments

• KC041026000.jpg
    KC041026000.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 97

Billct2

Find a new supplier. Rapid tac still exists and soap and water is not a good way to apply vinyl.
Dry application or wet with Rapidtac or similar application fluid.

Zazzess

Can you tell me please what is wrong with water and soap.
So I can explain it to my boss.
And thanks for all info because the more I learn the less I make stupid mistake.
Even thou I know sometime it can be useful to make some...
anyways,,,

Zazzess

Yeah probably... I wonder what he would have tell if I told him I was looking at RapidTac site when he told me that... strange... my first...

:blondie:

WrapperX

Soap water will work - but it's not the right way to do it - when the water evaps it leaves the soapy residue which will cause the vinyl adhesive to fail prematurely. The professional way is to dry apply or use of Rapid Tac or other approved application fluid.

3M Glass tape is the Sh*t! It is very expensive for the roll but I've had one roll for over a year. It comes in a 2" wide roll by 80' I usually split the two inches and cover both sides of my squeege and it lasts for some time.

Denatured Alcohol is what I use to pre wipe my surface - gets the grease and oils that can conflict with vinyl adhesives quite nicely.

And standard box or rags/towels works well for wipeing.

Zazzess

Soap water will work - but it's not the right way to do it - when the water evaps it leaves the soapy residue which will cause the vinyl adhesive to fail prematurely. The professional way is to dry apply or use of Rapid Tac or other approved application fluid.

3M Glass tape is the Sh*t! It is very expensive for the roll but I've had one roll for over a year. It comes in a 2" wide roll by 80' I usually split the two inches and cover both sides of my squeege and it lasts for some time.

Denatured Alcohol is what I use to pre wipe my surface - gets the grease and oils that can conflict with vinyl adhesives quite nicely.

And standard box or rags/towels works well for wipeing.

Simple and clear !! :thumb:

Thanks I really appreciate !
I'm lucky my boss was looking at RapidTac site too before I told him what happened... He thought that was awkard too :)

About the squeegee he asked me to try adding lam on it ...
well what do we know...

IM supposed to get alcohol for cleaning at last :)
And what will miss is a rapidtac kind of product :thumb:
next thing will be to tell my boss about glass tape..

:thankyou:

:U Rock:

WrapperX

about the squeegee he asked me to try adding lam on it ...
well what do we know...

Lam won't work - depending on the lam type it might actually stick to itself. Avery's 1060 has a tendancy to want to stick to its surface to sruface...

You might also try strips of Nylon - I think its like a nylon patch kit or something because the nylon has an adhesive backer - cheaper and you can buy them at most any fabric stores but it doesn't hold up as nicely.

Zazzess

Lam won't work - depending on the lam type it might actually stick to itself. Avery's 1060 has a tendancy to want to stick to its surface to sruface...

You might also try strips of Nylon - I think its like a nylon patch kit or something because the nylon has an adhesive backer - cheaper and you can buy them at most any fabric stores but it doesn't hold up as nicely.

:goodpost: You are right... I wonder why they do squeegees like mine... ah ! to use on masked vinyl only !?! :rock-n-roll:

Billct2

For the squeege there are sleeves to make it nicer to vinyl. We put the loop side of velcro on the edge too. And then there rae felt squeeges.

Tony McD

Since finding felt squeeges a few yeas ago, I hardly ever use a plastic one.
Sometimes they scratch a little, but it usually goes away.
If you drop it, make sure you clean all the grit off before using.

Zazzess

1st dbl quote !

Since finding felt squeeges a few yeas ago, I hardly ever use a plastic one.
Sometimes they scratch a little, but it usually goes away.
If you drop it, make sure you clean all the grit off before using.

For the squeege there are sleeves to make it nicer to vinyl. We put the loop side of velcro on the edge too. And then there rae felt squeeges.

Thanks guys those info will be usefull :goodpost:
:U Rock: