• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Accidentilly hit power button twice, HELP?

Nuagedesigns

Ok this sounds really simple but I don't know what happened. I have a JV3 and accidentally hit the green power butoon twice quickly. It powered up but reads on LCD screen the type of inks are in it(SS2-4color) If I hit enter it says to remove all inks and then it says install cleaning solution. Like it wants to clean and purge system. Is this due to me hitting button or is this a timed feature. I do not have any cleaning kits at the shop and I really need to print something but cant get around this. I tried disconnecting power and trying to boot up up it keeps going into this mode. I really don't want it to pull all my ink out and purge the system. How do I get around this screen and get back to local mode. Please help if any one has encountered this as I will have to wait till Monday to call tech support. Thank you in advance.

iSign

did you try the end button?

On my Mimaki, I always use the end button to back out of things... although I don't honestly know about your specific situation. I'd be bummin' too.. and wouldn't be able to stop worrying, so I'd also probably try hitting gren button twice quickly again.

Nuagedesigns

isign- thanks yeah tried the end button, tried the green button twice, tried remote and endtogether,.... tried everything, only button that executes anything is the enter button wich continues the menu into what looks to be a clean and purge cycle. Very frusterating.

TheSnowman

When I first got mine, mine would say that about every single time I'd start it up. Being new to the digital printing world, I'd just hit enter, and let er' do a full pump. Everyone at Mimaki seemed to think this was a normal thing, since I kept calling saying "THIS THING PUMPS FOREVER when I turn it on". Well, 30 minutes every time seemed to be acceptable to them. Long story short, a year later, they provided me w/ two free sets of inks, because I'd say AT LEAST that much got pumped out. I could probably remember the steps to tell the computer in there that it's already full if I was staring at the screen. Did you get it fixed yet, or do you still need more ideas?

Nuagedesigns

Thanks guys I was on the phone this morning with the tech guy and he walked me through it. He said that by hitting the power button twice it throws it into an initail setup mode. He was able to get me around it by pressing and holding 2 buttons before powering on and walking me through a hole bunch of steps. anyways hope that doesn't happen again. but thanks for all the input.