• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Add Setup without Devices

brezelking

Hi,

i have installed Flexisign-PRO 7.5 and want to connect to the cutter P-CUT 630.

The problem ist that the cutter is working not everytime, but sometimes. We tried to install the latest driver for the USB to serial-Adapter and also tried to get it running with an older driver. Sometimes we can cut perfectly, but at most time we cannot use the cutter because he´s not there. If we try to reinstall the driver and we start the Production Manager, we can see the "Add Setup"-Dialog _without_ any printers/cutters.

I don´t no if this is a problem with my notebook or rather a problem of the Production Manager or maybe of the usb-hardware (driver/port/cable).

We run Windows XP SP2 on a Lenovo X41-Tablet-PC.

In FlexiSign we have already disabled "Use Production Manager over TCP/IP".

Is there any tutorial how to connect this cutter to a notebook with USB to serial or just with Serial-Cable?

We look forward to get answers.

Thanks a lot.

John

iSign

my guess would be that you have a cheap USB/serial adaptor, made for use with a PDA, not a plotter.

Some USB/serial adaptors have been know to work, but for running plotters.... most of them won't work.

"high speed communication" is one of the factors to look for.