• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Add shine to sign foam??

ExtremeG Alamosa

Hi All got a job I'd like to add some shine to. I was thinking about affixing acrylic to the sign foam letters but Gemini said they wouldn't recommend that. Any other ideas?
Untitled.png

tbullo

Superunknown
I haven't done it in awhile, but we would sometimes use something called TC resin on the letters. It was sort of an epoxy you mixed a little paint in and applied with a syringe. Added a little thickness and gloss.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'd get rid of everything on that sign except the logo. Nobody is going to call the number just because they saw it while driving by. If you're sitting in front of it, the address is pretty pointless as you should already know where you are. If it was a basic flat sign it'd be different but for what appears to be a blasted sign, it should be classy. That things a disaster. Sorry

Last edited:

visual800

Metallic gold is not going last outside use another color. If you want shine on letters use gloss paint. If you are insistent on using acrylic dump gemini and use https://eliteletters.com

A couple of items you did not ask for. Sign shape does not match sign information, drop the number and drop the street. see attached

Attachments

• dental [Converted].jpg
    dental [Converted].jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 69

Billct2

I agree with the design suggestions. There are several ways to add "shine". The acrylic would work with studs. The epoxy suggestion is interesting, I've seen tuturials on it but never tried one.
You could use real gold film, I'd suggest the Florentine texture., that combined with resin for the burgandy would look great. Or you could five the logo a raised profile so it pops off the surface. Lots of options.