• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Additional U-channel Support

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I saw the low hanging fruit too...

You can tell it's his last day, director of safety, he always told steven to give more berth when taking this blind corner, and his comments about 'one of these days...' are finally validated. You can see the retirement cake dreams in the twinkle in his eye.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with this narrow post blending into the background, but this kinda validates all those whining about how tall stock truck hoods are getting and how impossible to see a kid could be. Ya gotta be more careful, what if that was one of those unaccompanied minors?

Abbott would give me a gold medal and ask me to join the resistance.

1MoreSignGuy

Mark it as handicapped parking only? Put the sign on the existing U-channel.
Depending on how it works in your area, just have 'em towed off at owner's expense.
It's currently marked as that companies parking only. The patrons of the surrounding stores have been parking there apparently.
They aren't able to have people towed because of the property owners, overall a crappy situation for them

1MoreSignGuy

but then people with a handicap permit will run into the pole. If they just say No parking period - they all get towed.

I was going to ask - what is the purpose of the pole? is there already a sign on it? If someone is parked there no one could see the sign anyway.
I mean this would work.

The pole has a sign stating "parking only for company name"

1MoreSignGuy

preview_4a4f29f92c738290437c1338ae6d7f7f.jpeg

This does seem like a critical piece of the puzzle, like, they've been asked to pull up so it doesn't get bent, but do they not care about their bumpers in the first place? Does the sign say a$$holes only
You know I've stopped questioning the people in this city. Their mindset is probably "I'll just buy a new one".

This spring would work though and they would really have to WANT to break it!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You know I've stopped questioning the people in this city. Their mindset is probably "I'll just buy a new one".

This spring would work though and they would really have to WANT to break it!
They make them for this purpose. Here is one

MikePro

have they considered simply stringing a cable and hanging the parking signs? ...or maybe mounting to the wall of the building?

ProSignTN

Truck are too damn big if you can't see a 3' bollard and he can't reach my toolbox. A client had a very similar problem a few years ago and I simple installed the 'Parking Only' signs on the white line extended instead of the middle of the parking spot. Sometimes the non-invited still park there, but after five years plus all six posts are still plumb.