• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adhesive remover staining stainless steel

Troykkp

Recently we had to remove some old graphics from stainless steel elevator doors. When we removed the graphic it left the adhesive behind. We used adhesive remover to clean the residue off, but it seems to have had an effect on the doors making them look like they are stained. In this case they were being re-wrapped, but I am wondering for future has anyone ever run into this and do you have a solution for bringing the stainless steel back to it's original state. Cheers

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
More than likely, the adhesive remover caused oxidization. You'd have to remove it. There are cleaner for kitchen appliances and the like that have stainless panels on them that are meant to do just that. That's about the only solution I could think of.
Just make sure it's built into the cost, or that the customer knows ahead of time what the results are going to be so it doesn't bite you!