• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe CS 6 coming soon!

WildWestDesigns

Boy, they really aren't letting the grass grow under their feet lately. Didn't seem all that long ago I just bought CS5 and then CS5.5 came out and now CS6.

phototec

bummer.... I just bought CS5.5 yesterday

You may be in luck, in the past Adobe has honored a grace period and allowed FREE upgrades for recent purchases of the last version, and we hope they will again. Again, we won’t know for sure until CS6 arrives.

But even if they don’t officially offer one, here’s a handy tip: you can just create your own instead… You automatically get a window for a free upgrade with Adobe’s everyday Return & Exchange Policy – so if a new version comes out within 30 days of your purchase, you can just return what you got for a refund and then buy the new release instead.

:thumb:

MatthewTimothy

You may be in luck, in the past Adobe has honored a grace period and allowed FREE upgrades for recent purchases of the last version, and we hope they will again. Again, we won’t know for sure until CS6 arrives.

But even if they don’t officially offer one, here’s a handy tip: you can just create your own instead… You automatically get a window for a free upgrade with Adobe’s everyday Return & Exchange Policy – so if a new version comes out within 30 days of your purchase, you can just return what you got for a refund and then buy the new release instead.

:thumb:

ya you are right, when I bought CS3 I received CS4 upgrade awhile back.

WildWestDesigns

When you buy a single program do you get Acrobat Pro?....IMO Pro is almost as important as Illustrator....

I don't know if it's changed, but when I get Ai CS4 all by it's lonesome, I didn't get pro. When I went with the Master Collection of CS5, I got Acrobat Pro with that. I use it all the time.

thewvsignguy

geez, I'm on Illy 10 (don't laugh) and just today bought CS2 and bought Corel X4 3 weeks ago. Guess I'm just not up to speed or to cheap to buy the latest and greatest thing.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
If you are on the fence, don't fall behind too far on versions. At first Adobe was penalizing you for upgrading from very old versions until they changed the policy due to backlash. I think they will allow you to upgrade from cs3 or 4 for a reasonable cost but that is also for a limited time. Future versions may cost you dearly (full price) if you don't upgrade every cycle or use the subscription option

MatthewTimothy

also Adobe has stopped offering support on older versions past the new released software. We ran into this at my work when we had an issue with adobe

WildWestDesigns

If you are on the fence, don't fall behind too far on versions. At first Adobe was penalizing you for upgrading from very old versions until they changed the policy due to backlash. I think they will allow you to upgrade from cs3 or 4 for a reasonable cost but that is also for a limited time. Future versions may cost you dearly (full price) if you don't upgrade every cycle or use the subscription option

You know, to me and I'm probably alone in this thought, considering it's the industry standard(for whatever reason, right or wrong) and depending on suite you get, even at full price, as of right now, the price isn't all that bad. Sure it's still not cheap, but it could be far worse for y'all.

signswi

Are you sure it's the entire suite coming out? Usually they release Photoshop a full quarter or more before the suite upgrades.