• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Illustrator CS2/3?

S

Sign-Man Signs

We are constantly getting files we can't open because we haven't upgraded our Adobe Illustrator 10 to CS2 or CS3. Any suggestions as to which is best and the best place to buy?

synergy_jim

if you are upgrading go to cs3

just do a pricewatch search or google it... go with the places that have good ratings.

EBAY usually has it on there also.

JD

Vinylman

Since you need to make the move, go for the newest version. That way you may not need to upgrade again for a couple of years. Some of the features in CS2, and CS3, are light years ahead of older versions. DON'T by anything but an authorized version that you can legally register.

Regards, Bob C.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If you can, you may want to wait for CS4...maybe this spring or summer....

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I would avoid ebay for buying expensive software with all of the issues with pirated/cracked software. You may also end up getting educational versions that could have upgrade issues later on.

GK

We are constantly getting files we can't open because we haven't upgraded our Adobe Illustrator 10 to CS2 or CS3. Any suggestions as to which is best and the best place to buy?

If you are looking to upgrade to one of the Creative Suites and you are not already a NAPP member I would highly recommend becomming one before you make your purchase. They offer discounts on tons of industry software/hardware and your first Adobe purchase would basically pay your years membership. It's $99 for one year and i think its $179 for 2. Adobe products are 10-15% off + you get a subscription to Photoshop User magazine included. Sorry to sound like an ad for them lol but if you are seriously considering to get this software -- it would only make sense to do this first because it will pay for itself in one shot.

http://www.photoshopuser.com