• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe to Corel

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Under the Pathfinder Toolbox Unite means to unite two shapes i.e. weld them in corel terms. No option to create a path around the two shapes or even one single shape?

WildWestDesigns

yes. Offset Path at with offset at 0. No fill & stroke to red.

Object>Path>Offset Path

Again, you can automate it with the Actions as well. In fact, when I mentioned you could click a box to have the action stop to where you enter the size you want, this is the action that I was thinking of as I use it a lot.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
That's what I'm trying to record.
When you create an Offset Path it should be just that, an "unfilled" path. A simple and separate path around the shape with a Stroke only. Action records setting the stroke just fine but will not record a no fill.

WildWestDesigns

That's what I'm trying to record.
When you create an Offset Path it should be just that, an "unfilled" path. A simple and separate path around the shape with a Stroke only. Action records setting the stroke just fine but will not record a no fill.

For some reason, I'm not able to post a screenshot, keeps on telling me that it's an invalid file.

In your Action sequence, do you have this line: "Set Color swap fill and stroke"? I applied a different color to the fill and then swapped that with the previous stroke which was no stroke.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
yeah, I'm getting the same message.

▼Create Boundary
Line Join: Miter
▼Swatches
Apply Swatch: CMYK Red

WildWestDesigns

yeah, I'm getting the same message.

▼Create Boundary
Line Join: Miter
▼Swatches
Apply Swatch: CMYK Red

I saw another message were others are having probs, so it's gotta be a system thing.

I'm not seeing "swap" and I think that's the key thing.

Make sure you have no stroke to begin with. Do your offset, apply the color to the fill of the offset and then swap your fill for you stroke.

That's the only think that I can think of. In my world (embroidery design), I keep the fill there and don't need a stroke, so this isn't an issue for me.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
getting closer. I should be left with two shapes after playing the action. The original shape and the newly created shape with the red stroke and no fill. All I get now is the red stroke shape. The original gets deleted.

WildWestDesigns

getting closer. I should be left with two shapes after playing the action. The original shape and the newly created shape with the red stroke and no fill. All I get now is the red stroke shape. The original gets deleted.

That's a new one on me, unless a delete got recorded or the copy/paste etc didn't get recorded etc.

That would have to be something that I would have to see how the process went to know for sure.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
That's a new one on me, unless a delete got recorded or the copy/paste etc didn't get recorded etc.

That would have to be something that I would have to see how the process went to know for sure.

got it. What a pia for such a simple task. Corel has it built in already as with a whole lot of other things.

illy action.PNG