• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advert Review !!!

kustom.printing

Could I please get some opinions on my add for the yellow pages.

0000 000000 is where my new number is going once it is installed.

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 114

Marlene

the one on the right side, try flipping the center black area so it follows the swoosh line of the top black band. that might make it work better. I would make the top band the company name and logo only. put all the contact info on the bottom. also get rid of all the background special effects on the bottom panel as it clutters things up too much.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Neither. The curved panels are more interesting than straight but not so many of them.

Make your name and contact info larger and all in one place.

List all of the stuff you do. Most people looking for something will first call the ad that specifically lists what they want.

Keep the 'Full Color', but lose the 'Digitaly Printed'. No one cares how you do it and the word 'Digitaly' looks awkward and wrong.

Drop the 'Competitively Priced', it just takes up space and says "we are tight-asses". Perhaps something like 'Fast, Cheap, and Good'. Since conventional wisdom says you can only do any two of this trio, give the finger to convention and offer all three at the same time. Regardless. 'Cheap' has far more impact than the stuffy 'Competitively Priced'.

Jillbeans

Like the latest offering, I didn't like the competitive prices part.
You need to lose the "s" on "Windows".
And there is no way in hell I would ever use that line about the 2-day turnaround with artwork provided. You will be the one to get all the crappy Word and Publisher layouts to have to redraw.
No thanks!
Love....Jill

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Better but, like Jill says, lose the 2 day turnaround. If you want address this, make it sufficiently nebulous that you can't be pinned down. Something like 'Instant Service' or some similar bit of meaningless nonsense.

Then get rid of what I presume are rolls of vinyl. You might know what they are but your potential clientelle neither knows nor cares. Perhaps you could replace it with a collage of the sort of things you do. This is what they're after and is what will catch their eye, not rolls of vinyl.

Lastly, the magenta on the list of products will end up being too light and difficult to read at a glance. Try just plain old vanilla black. Likewise with the cyan and magenta in the black panels, way too hard to read when printed.

The object here is not to present a work of art but to get people to call after a split-second glance. Two entirely different things.