• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advise needed soon flexi 8.6 upgrade???

tinman

I have flexi 7.5 expert(jsi is running a deal until march 31).Upgrade my 7.5 expert to 8.6(625.00) and get a free flexi designer(MSRP 1295.00).Good deal or not?

Molenbeek

Its a great deal but its offered by SA International= not JSI so every Flexi dealer can help you with that.

iSign

Its a great deal but its offered by SA International= not JSI so every Flexi dealer can help you with that.

Matt, I see HERE that Advantage is still a merchant & sponsor of this website.

I'd like to tell tinman how happy I have been with over 5 years on dedicated purchasing experiences with Advantage & how you are the sales rep that has given Advantage such a great reputation in my mind. I'm not sure why this would not be in your signature, & I hope you don't mind me drawing the connection here, but not only are you a great sales rep & Advantage has been a great company to buy from... I have the greatest experience & place the greatest value on the free tech support I receive of Flexi, Omega, and Enroute... as well as Mimaki & Edge questions & all sorts of media questions...

So, forgive me the excessive commercial, but i think you should have every right to tell Tinman that you could sell him that upgrade, and not just mention other sources in general... but that's just me..

Matt, I also wanted to suggest that you (or whoever is the Advantage spokesperson at Signs101 if it's not you) post a new thread to announce that Flexi upgrade offer, because I remember another guy in the last 3 or 4 days mentioning needing to upgrade... I think i'll search for him & point him to this thread...

tinman

Found out SAI does,nt support 7.5 anymore,its a no brainer.If my hasp dies I'm SOL without the upgrade, might as well get the free designer while they offer it.

ColesCreations

Buy the upgrade from Molenbeek, you will never regret it.

We bought ours from Signwarehouse, and I don't think you will ever find a worse company for customer support. Our edition 8.5 came with a ridiculous internet validation, we kept sending mails trying to get a dongle, always got the wrong person etc. Never again. Still having trouble with that f***ink internet dongle. Hope they go bankrupt.

Molenbeek and advantage has helped us a lot, even with the stuff we regrettably purchased from SignWarehouse...

Big House Signs

We had 2 seats of 8.1...got a 3rd employee and I wanted the designer. Was told I had to upgrade the 2 seats before I could get the designer seat...1400 bucks later I can say...I hate 8.6. The production manager does not recognize the width of the material and you cannot see any fs. thumbnails. ...pdfs get totally screwed up imported in...I have to open them in adobe at 300 dpi then import them...this is just a few of the problems I am incountering.

RiXaX

Big House, I am still using 7.6 and consider upgrading just to remain in synch with the present. If others experience what you are, then I'm better off remaining where I am.
I don't do digital printing and send that out to be done. Are there good reasons to upgrade? What do you think?

ColesCreations

If you're happy with 7.6, I don't see any reason to upgrade, as long as you're able to open files designed in newer versions.

7.6 does not have drivers for our new printer, that was one of our reasons for upgrading.