• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aftermarket inks on Mutoh Rockhopper 62

studio10

OK, I try non OEM ink (ink cassette with mild solvent inks) on Rockhopper I 62" and get problems with some colors. Now I`ll try to back to OEM inks. What is the best way to do this: wash heads, change dampers and fill with OEM, or something elese. How to change dampers safely?
Thanks.

studio10

OK, after flush but before ink fill I think it is the best moment to change dampers, but don`t know how.

MacDaddy

Uh, buy new ones... Once you have done a Head Wash loosen the brass nuts, pull the old Dampers out, insert the new Dampers, re-coonect ink lines, insert ink cartridges, do and ink fill................................

studio10

Thanks.
BTW inks are from Swiss and called Palladium eco. Vivid, resistant colors, works great on ValueJet series, but on Rockhopper I there are some problems especially with Y color. Think that inks not so viscous and pump on Rockhopper I is too weak to pull inks.