• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ag repair logo

Jackflush

Gorgor
Heres what I showed my client... My designs always suck in a certain way... Unimaginative I guess... I do best when they tell me just what they want...

Attachments

• kirks 2.jpg
    kirks 2.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 172

SignosaurusRex

For starters...

What is "AG REPAIR"?
Nice to see that you used a fresh new font for the name and number. I think you could have used a few of the alternate characters very well here.
The mascot is way overpowering and screams "Dog Training" or "Guard Dog Service"...

Jackflush

Gorgor
Agriculture equipment repair.... mostly combines... Im not finding alot of them... So I thought I would steer him into a mascot.... He is going to make stickers and he wants them to be so cool that his clients want to stick em on their personal trucks....
Alternates...ok... Hmmm yeah... maybe put more info to let them know what and knock down the dog star status

He said, "Thats Bad*** can you make it a hawk?" lol

Thanks Kheebl

OldPaint

iam questioning this tack......of a "mascot." dont make any sense. and using the mascot of many football teams.....is not a good idea either.
AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT REPAIR............. got nothing to do with a BULLDOG!!!!!!!
YOU as the person offering "your design skills" need to really understand what YOU ARE TRYING TO CONVEY.........in text and pictures.
this is not as easy as it sounds. AS YOUR FINDING OUT...........
1. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND..........google ......................agricultural equipment repair
2. do some research on the farm equipment USED IN YOUR AREA..... iam sure you dont have potato harvesters or cotton pickers. if ya lived in maine........POTATO PICKERS.... are everywhere as COTTON PICKERS are here in north florida and alabama.
3. trash what ya got..............start fresh...........
4. name of the work the client will do..........IS NO.1........how to get in touch with him no.2
5. THINK.............before you commit ........
https://www.google.com/search?q=agr...tbm=isch&q=agricultural+repair+services+logos

Jillbeans

There is no prioritization of the copy, and the meaning is indistinct. Throwing in a dog only adds to the confusion. That, and the huge phone number. Is it Kirk's or KIRKS?

I would make the mascot be a muscular looking traditional repair guy wearing biballs, so you know it's somewhat farm-related. Kinda how Dan Antonelli uses a big old repair guy as a mascot. It would make more sense than using a dog or a hawk.

You can buy all the cool fonts (and those are cool) you want, but if they have no meaning, and no order, you might as well just use Comic Sans :smile:
Love...Jill

Attachments

• ag.jpg
    ag.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 176

neato

I agree with the above sentiments about that bulldog. Alone, it just seems out of place, especially since it's overpowering the main message.

But, maybe if you put a wrench in it's mouth and some corn stalks in the background, it would work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not having a problem with a bulldog being the mascot, just such a worn out..... over used one, as shown is in bad taste. It is over powering just about everything else, too. Animals are always nice to use, as they bring strength and credibility with them, however, just haphazardly picking one could be dangerous as others have pointed out, as it says nothing as to what your client does or relates to his name that I can detect.

TimToad

This is one I recently did for a local AG Repair service. He primarily works on equipment and wine trellis machinery. He wanted something that was sturdy and masculine, but that also was reminiscent of the old produce crate labels. Because its such a specialized field and his family has been involved in it for many, many years, he felt that the name recognition and contact info was more important than the actual services provided because nearly everyone in the area knows of his multi-generational family business.

Galli logo.jpg

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Keep the mascot theme, but dump the dog. I'd rather see a sturdy looking Texas longhorn with a wrench in his mouth...or something to that effect.

JB

karl moik

"bulldog" would work ..

hi there

the name "bulldog" would work in germany. there was a old company named "Lanz" wich build strong and powerfull tractors - the bulldog.
attachment.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanz_Bulldog

this old name still stands in germany as a generic term for tractors.
I'm not sure whether this combination would work with the dog in the us.

greetings
michael

--- as you can see ... english is not my favorite language ---

Attachments

• 1024px-Lanz_Bulldog_D_8506,_Bj._1939,_35_PS_-_15.07.2006.jpg
    1024px-Lanz_Bulldog_D_8506,_Bj._1939,_35_PS_-_15.07.2006.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 181

phototec

hi there

the name "bulldog" would work in germany. there was a old company named "Lanz" wich build strong and powerfull tractors - the bulldog.
attachment.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanz_Bulldog

this old name still stands in germany as a generic term for tractors.
I'm not sure whether this combination would work with the dog in the us.

greetings
michael

--- as you can see ... english is not my favorite language ---

Yea, but even they didn't use the overpowering face of a bulldog, and maybe they should have....as it relates to the name of the tractor.