• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air Purge Issue on UCJV300

kbrys

I have a Mimaki UCJV300-160 that shows it needs a Air Purge but when I try to purge either head I get this error: Error 620 Positive P. NotEnough. I read a few threads talking about adjusting positive and negative air pressure but nothing going over the steps on how to perform those steps. Is this something I can do or should I place a service call?
Thanks!

Rsabr2

I have a Mimaki UCJV300-160 that shows it needs a Air Purge but when I try to purge either head I get this error: Error 620 Positive P. NotEnough. I read a few threads talking about adjusting positive and negative air pressure but nothing going over the steps on how to perform those steps. Is this something I can do or should I place a service call?
Thanks!
Hi Kbys, have you found out whats causing this issue?

Smoke_Jaguar

From the service manual:
Readjustment of the throttle valve With the menus [#TEST] - [Air Pressure Check] - [Positive Pressure (Check)], adjust the throttle valve so that the pressure becomes 17.5kPa

Good chance your throttle valve has crept a bit, will need to loosen the locking ring and slowly tighten/loosen it to get it back into range. Note that it will be somewhat slow and tedious as there is a delay between pressurizing and releasing as there is a 1 liter bottle inside the printer acting as a pressure reservoir. Same process as the UJF printers, as the pressure system is almost the exact same.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The machine also helps you out by beeping to indicate if it's high or low so you don't need to watch the screen. Slow beeps means it's too low. Fast beeps is too high. No beeps means it's in range.

Smoke_Jaguar

It can be tedious, I tended to tweak the knob a 16th of a turn at a time once I was close. Turn, wait 3 seconds, turn, etc.