• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air Quality By You

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Smokey yellow skies here in NJ.
How’s the view from your house…?

Crazy how far the smoke travels…

Shut down the Yankee game and airports today.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Fine right now... We were smoked out from the fires up in Canada a few weeks ago though. Got pretty bad. We are getting used to August and Sept being "smoke season" May/June is a little early.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Mid day

Attachments

• 70784671720__DB75ED89-825B-4151-9BC5-492F4A107991.jpeg
    70784671720__DB75ED89-825B-4151-9BC5-492F4A107991.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 93

Boudica

Actually, it is a little bit hazy... But nothing like what you're getting right now. When it gets really bad here, they don't cancel school, but they do cancel recess and outdoor activities.

ikarasu

West coast isn't too bad... I think right now east coast is crazy though.

I feel like the weather has got crazy in the past 5 years. Every year we break temps - so many more forest fires happening... And we're in the rainy season in Vancouver, should be raining a lot this month and last month... Think we got like 1 day of rain, so it's super dry, super hot... I expect more fires this season.

Apparently the temp is getting higher than they initially thought and were almost past the point of no return. Which is crazy considering during covid pollution levels went down a lot... If covids production shutdown didn't make a dent in global warming, nothing will.

I finally caved and spent 10k to buy central air for my place. If it's this hot in June, I don't want to be without in July!

victor bogdanov

In Houston we get times of HEAVY pollen, cars all covered in yellow pollen, everything covered in yellow. pollen seems to have ended a few weeks ago just in time for mosquito season

Stacey K

I like making signs
Here in WI it's clear today but we had a couple days of haziness and there was an air quality alert. They said it was from the Canada wild fires.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
A lot of smoke around.
Waiting for the birds to start falling out of the trees here in CT like the canary in the coal mine.

victor bogdanov

Apparently the temp is getting higher than they initially thought and were almost past the point of no return. Which is crazy considering during covid pollution levels went down a lot... If covids production shutdown didn't make a dent in global warming, nothing will.
Funny how no one talks about how concrete/pavement has a huge impact on temperature especially relative to where the temperature sensors are. Cutting down trees to replace them with parking lots. Go stand in a wooded area on a hot day and then go stand in an asphalt parking lot.

50 years ago the weather record points were surrounded by plants, today by concrete. ofcourse they're going to measure hotter

Stacey K

I like making signs
Funny how no one talks about how concrete/pavement has a huge impact on temperature especially relative to where the temperature sensors are. Cutting down trees to replace them with parking lots. Go stand in a wooded area on a hot day and then go stand in an asphalt parking lot.

50 years ago the weather record points were surrounded by plants, today by concrete. ofcourse they're going to measure hotter
Thats a great point. Can't verify where the record points are but I can verify that lettering a truck on asphalt is hotter than hell vs. standing on the grass.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
North central WI has had air quality alerts just about daily, it's been hazy, but not too bad. Been getting like a real fine dusty grey (like ash) coating the grass and cars the past couple days, not sure if it's related, but it's different than the normal dust & pollen we usually have. Wonder how far the ash actually gets carried from those fires...

White Haus

Not a Newbie
West coast isn't too bad... I think right now east coast is crazy though.

I feel like the weather has got crazy in the past 5 years. Every year we break temps - so many more forest fires happening... And we're in the rainy season in Vancouver, should be raining a lot this month and last month... Think we got like 1 day of rain, so it's super dry, super hot... I expect more fires this season.

I finally caved and spent 10k to buy central air for my place. If it's this hot in June, I don't want to be without in July!

Yeah it's been insane in Winnipeg so far.... AC been going non-stop at home and at the shop. Highs of 40ish with the humidity and lows of only 20 or so for the last couple of weeks. Definitely not May/June weather.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Our area was in the red/purple for hazardous air quality. Today it's in the maroon. The worst ya can have. They said it should start moving out by saturday or so.

Boudica

We've got some thunder storms rolling in from the East (as unusual as that is)... it's bringing smoke with it. Its hot, muggy - AND smoky outside, getting hazier by the hour. some mountains in the distance that I can usually see clearly are disappearing.