• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I able to print a 24 inch wide roll on my Mutoh 1624 ValueJet?

lushdub

I have a 24 Inch Wide roll of this Holographic vinyl material. I covered the senor under the pinch rollers to make the machine think it's filling in the width. How can I set the media on the machine to recognize its shorter and also to get it to stop saying undefined media?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It can't detect the media width because of either the reflectivity or color of the media confounds the optical sensor. Either put a length of masking tape on the media over the width sensor strip or remove a ~1/2"-1" strip of the media from the start of the roll and place that over the media sensor strip. I print on metallic silver and etched media all the time and this is what I have to do to get it to work.

ToneCustomSigns

We have a Mutoh 1624 as well. We print on various 24" medias quite often. You shouldn't have to cover the sensor in the back. We just center the media on the printer. If you're not using the holders in the back, just make sure they are lined up with the media. That should take care of your undefined media issue. Never had issue printing because of reflectivity or anything like that.