• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anapurna M Series.....................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a Dilli Neo Titan 1606, which is the original Anapurna M series. We're experiencing an electrical problem and so far, not having very much luck. It seems to run then suddenly turn off tripping a breaker.

If anyone has knowledge with these machines or knows someone who does would be greatly appreciated.

:thankyou: Gino

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, it's an internal breaker within the machine. We've been trouble shooting and nothing seems to be the single culprit.

billsines

Any wires worked themselves loose and touching metal components? I've had that happen to me a few times on a CNC.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not that we can see. Everything in there seems tight as a fiddle. Nothing at all seems outta place. The lamps aren't all that old and it does it sporadically, so as to not waste sheets of substrates, we're trying to fix it. It was working fine, then all of a sudden, near the end of a print, the lamps turned off. Did this several times, before we stopped using it. Right now, our Roald is working overtime and the Gerber cutter is going to town, too.

billsines

Electrical + "sporadically" = loose or worn wire, at least in my mind. Are there any wear spots in any wiring in the cable chain? If not a loose wire, maybe you've got worn wires.

If you have a worn wire look everywhere there is movement with wires.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, that's basically what we're narrowing it down to, but there are hundreds of wires in there. We're looking for loose wires and also trying to remove the circuit breaker itself. That in itself, is tough. Then, ya have all the capacitors.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Thanks, that's basically what we're narrowing it down to, but there are hundreds of wires in there. We're looking for loose wires and also trying to remove the circuit breaker itself. That in itself, is tough. Then, ya have all the capacitors.

Was going to suggest caps but I wasn't sure if a failing cap would throw a breaker... usually they'd cause other odd errors

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, with help from an EX-member here, we were able to pin-point with about 98% accuracy to a faulty internal circuit breaker. The thing must've popped one too many times and lost it's resistance, entirely.

Anyway, a new one has been ordered and we'll be back in business in no time.

Thank you all for help and input. It was all great.

Gino

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

You might be trying to say this already, but I wasn't 100% certain by your wording. Maybe the breaker itself is bad? Have you replaced it with a new breaker, or swapped it with another similar breaker on the machine to see if the problem moves?

--- I'll say this assuming Gino already knows this, but it might be helpful to others: Troubleshooting 101 ---

If you have any redundant systems, start swapping one part at a time between the two systems. Take a machine with 2 lamps for example. Shut it down completely "To the wall" as we say. Switch the lamps. Turn it back on. Run it. If nothing changes, switch the housings, then run it, if nothing changes, switch the cables, then run it...ballasts, controllers...etc. Only change one variable at a time and test. Eventually, you'll find that switching one part out for another moves the problem or eliminates it. Then you'll be able to fix it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, kinda.

When you re-set the breaker and it's sitting on top of your desk and within seconds to a minute it pops with nothing hooked up to it...... we tend to think the breaker is at fault.

However, something must've started it tripping in the first place and we might still hafta find that culprit. That's why we're on 98% sure, so far.

On our set up, there are no extra breakers to try what you suggested. As for changing the way the machine operates, we had already tried every conceivable configuration, but we never suspected a breaker to lose its integrity.... anyway, not this fast.

Johnny Best

I was waiting for the results of the "Bubba smoke test". Kinda like using a lit match to check on how much gas you have in your motorcycle gas tank.

skyhigh

However, something must've started it tripping in the first place and we might still hafta find that culprit. That's why we're on 98% sure, so far.
Not necessarily. The breaker could have been faulty from the beginning. Time will tell after you install the new circuit breaker.

skyhigh

Breakers are meant to be sensitive. That particular breaker could have been overly sensitive. If indeed the breaker has been tripping numerous times over the years, that could indeed weaken it even further. So yes.

Otherwise your 98% moved to the 2% bracket.

LOL

Last edited:

skyhigh

PS ....
your initial post didn't say it was an 8 year old machine. As you would say, giving us all information would help.

I'm sure some are familiar with that machine and would know it's age. Not my job to research all the particulars to resolve your problem.

Good luck nonetheless.