• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Wordpress Site I am working on for a RC Hobby Store

HeavyHitter

I am working on a Wordpress site for a local RC Hobby Shop. The owner of the store wanted to be able to add content, updates about racing, and more on his own. So... Wordpress was perfect fit for the need. I am also working on their online store which should be up soon.

This project is not yet complete. I will be making changes to the site over the next couple of weeks.

Here is a link to the project

http://www.509media.com/web-design/website-design-for-rc-fun-hobbies/

tanneji

Looks great! I'm trying to learn wordpress administration for my own site currently so its nice to see what all can be done.

tcorn1965

Wordpress is a little easier for clients to learn. Joomla can do a little more than Wordpress, but the difficulty level goes up a little for people you hand the site off to. Drupal is another to check out.

Dan
I will have to check out wordpress. I use joomla for our intranet, it is a little difficult for the end users to add docs or submit postings. I had to write step by step instructions. We do other sites with joomla for candidates, like you said hard for them...maybe wordpress is the answer...Thanks!

HeavyHitter

I will have to check out wordpress. I use joomla for our intranet, it is a little difficult for the end users to add docs or submit postings. I had to write step by step instructions. We do other sites with joomla for candidates, like you said hard for them...maybe wordpress is the answer...Thanks!

I would recommend loading up WampServer on your computer. This will allow you to run Wordpress, Joomla, or what ever on your pc as a local host. This way what you are testing and working on does not go live. It is a lot faster to change files when working on a site. No need to ftp up your changes. Once you finish zip it up an load to server.

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

tcorn1965

I would recommend loading up WampServer on your computer. This will allow you to run Wordpress, Joomla, or what ever on your pc as a local host. This way what you are testing and working on does not go live. It is a lot faster to change files when working on a site. No need to ftp up your changes. Once you finish zip it up an load to server.

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

I use phpmyadmin...Will that work?

HeavyHitter

Thanks Dan. I will give it a shot. I appreciate the offer to call if I need help!

No worries.... Call me or email me. There is a lot of information on the net. Youtube has some decent info and if you don't mind paying a little money you might want to check out www.lynda.com

I am working on a Wordpress page for lawyer right now. I will post it up soon. It is trimmed down and to the point. She wants to be able to post up articles covering different topics related to her firm. Should be very effect for SEO in her local market.

I am also working on Wordpress sites for two different churches. The same common goal is wanted by all of these clients. The ability to add and edit content on their site without paying me to do it.

Dan