• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any reports on the new 7_00.11 firmware yet?

dypinc

Because I needed to add some new media I did install the 7_00.11 firmware, and did do the calibration and RIP created profile with LRCM on. I am thinking that might be a good practice especially for profiling.

I received the same message about re-calibrating like in the previous firmware where temp/voltage changes to the printheads were made so I am assuming some changes were made in that area that I was informed were to be changed from HP. But, I found no issues with not being able to re-calibrate existing media correctly like happened with some previous firmware.

I have not had any big jobs (long runs) where I would have used the lc/lm inks so I can't really say if there is an improvement there or not. The big jobs were all run in CMYK mode LRCM off and I didn't see any consistency issues at all through a couple of rolls. Pantone 200 and 280 matched all the way through those rolls at 10pass 120 ink density. The smaller runs in CMYKcm mode even with LRCM off maintained nuteral grays through out the run, but the jobs were not of the nature where ink starvation might have been a problem. But then again I print in a fairly well climate controlled area so that has never been much of any issue before. The only real color consistency issues (not counting needing re-calibration) I have had were lc/lm ink starvation issues which I haven't tested for yet, manly because I have learned how to deal with that issue and avoid settings that contribute to it.

dypinc

Can you get a proper red at 120 density?

Pantone 200 yes no problem 120 ink density and CMYK mode 10pass. Pantone 200 was correct on both Concept 201-OAPAE and Milano 18oz Banner. Lowe's decals and Banners.

The most difficult red is Pantone 185. Best to use backlit setting 150% density and do all ink limiting/linearization with the RIP and make sure your LAB numbers (read in with a spectro) are correct in the RIP Pantone library or entered manually. Of course it also depends on your media as well.