• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any Signlab 8 users out here?

gabagoo

I need to send a file to see if the same thing happens when you try to cut. This file refuses to send a portion of the graphic every time, but if I send just this one element it will go.

I need to see if it is my software or a bug with the program.

I have had this happen to me several times and it seems it likes to do it on cheats of all things....the one item you need cut!! lol

apex

i hate signlab with a passion, they rip you off for such a crappy program cant even import Ai files and cut them properly

lexsigns

I use SL9 but still have 8 installed- many of the bugs are worked out. PM me and send me the file- not at shop till morning but happy to try for you then in both 8 and 9

gabagoo

I finally figured it out...it seems the original file came from a pdf or eps from a different software and something was in the file which could not be seen in wire frame but you knew it was there because the file would open and expand way out to where there were no visible graphics....

What basically happened was that I inserted cheats to line up 2 colours and everytime I was in the cut box, the cheats would be there but would not cut.

It was maddening...then I grabbed everything in the file and had to resave it under a different name ( as saving under the currrent name would result in the mysterious missing cut info). Now everything cuts fine. Still cant figure out why or what caused it, but who cares...until next time!!

lexsigns

Glad it worked out for you! I frequently have strange things happen in SL when importing ai's... illy hides vector lines that SL knows are there and sometimes dont show unless you have "show line" selected...