• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any sugestions....

stickerman68

ok here goes...customer wants his trucks to look like his buisness cards...font is dreaded (Papyrus)..letters look slick on his card..but rough when big (as we all know)....i have outlined..and inlined...hand manipulated...still looks like crap and im not going to just put anything out the door so any sugestions on a clean cutable papyrus font......thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yowsa..... sticker...............

What did you do before you got into sign making ??

housemusikid

So this guy will not let you substitute anything? Other than outline, inline, clean up and any other stroke tool, I have nothing.

I suggest you show him that website...maybe he will change his mind.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
print out the font as is, fill in the rough spots with a marker to where it has the exact same shapes but now smoother. Scan in your new art and autotrace or vectorize the new smoother lettering. The old fashioned way and alot less nodes to deal with. Or use the smooth tool in Illustrator

gabagoo

:goodpost:
print out the font as is, fill in the rough spots with a marker to where it has the exact same shapes but now smoother. Scan in your new art and autotrace or vectorize the new smoother lettering. The old fashioned way and alot less nodes to deal with. Or use the smooth tool in Illustrator

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The simple fact is that the font is supposed to look rough. It will look just like his business card when you step back to an equivalent viewing distance. All that is needed is for you to express your concerns over how it will look when viewed from a closer point. If the client says do it anyway, then do it. If the client requests you to reduce the roughness, then do it and charge him extra for the time it will take you.

stickerman68

thanks...im gonna talk to him today..the font used on his card is smooth lines....or its so small that it looks smooth....but u know how picky ppl can be...i have a few for him to look at....ive only been doing this for 14 years now..hehe....but hey..everybody needs some help every now and then. hope i talk him into another font....but i got it looking decent....i still dont like it...lol