• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have experience with MeasureColor Mobile?

John Miller

Matthews paint offers a mobile hand held scanner that syncs with software on your cell phone. It's about the size of a C battery. Scan a color in the field, It gives you the Matthews paint formula.

spudboy834

I've had one since 2020 and have been very impressed with it. Nice for quick, in-the-field measurements.
It can give you Hex, sRGB, d50 L*A*B* and HSB values.

Evan Gillette

Have heard good things and thought about getting one because a lot of the wholesalers I use have MPC setups. I ended up getting a used xrite i1pro for cheap which is more useful in the shop for profiling and scanning. Two very different tools but so far I haven't ran into a situation where I needed the measurecolor. If I do, I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Evan Gillette

Is your NIX the simplified version for sampling color or the full on version for color profiling? Have you used it for print profiling? They look neat but have never talked to anyone using them.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Is your NIX the simplified version for sampling color or the full on version for color profiling? Have you used it for print profiling? They look neat but have never talked to anyone using them.
I got the simple one. It's good for getting paint colors or RGB values but that's about it.